Sign in to follow this  
kcaff

POD HD Pro not working with S/PDIF 003 rack. Please help

I'm trying to hook up my POD HD PRO X to my 003 rack via S/PDIF and it's not going well at all. First off under hardware setup in pro tools my pod doesn't even show up under peripherals, only the 003 does. I tried putting the optical format to S/PDIF and setting the clock source to external (to use the POD HD PRO clock) but it said external clock source was invalid. Then i tried setting the optical format to ADAT and the clock source to S/PDIF but that also said invalid clock source. I'm pretty sure I'm using the right cables. I bought 2 digital audio coax cables. Its going out the 003 to the input of the pod hd pro and out the pod hd pro to the input of the 003. 

At this point I don't even know what to do anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

The way I tend to work is:

Guitar directly into soundcard, tracking with soft-amps

Route dry guitar out through SPDIF into HD Pro (so audio interface is the clock source)

Record re-amped tone over XLR or 1/4" line inputs

Originally I did say that SPDIF doesn't work when connected to In/Out simultaneously but, out of interest, I just tried it again and what do you know...it works. The only thing I did differently this time was started with the HD Pro set to its native (?) sample rate of 96khz, and then worked down to 44.1. So far it's holding sync.

*Edit: yeah okay this is badass. I literally haven't been able to get a POD to do this, not even the X3 Pro. Maybe it was buried in a firmware update or something? Might be because I'm running everything through a power conditioner and using a ground loop eliminator between the 1/4" outputs of the HD and my audio interface. Either way, not complaining.