Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500 - Drive Knob Issue

endless72

Hi...from Italy,

just purchase HD500 4 day ago ....saving my presets on USER1 bank store and I noticed that I had continuosly the panel of the amp visualized on display...even if I'm not turning amp knobs.

Sometimes every 10 sec...sometimes every 2 sec.

I've noticed that the drive knob value on the screen change by itself (it could increase slowly...or decrease)

I've notice immediately after understanding the meaning of the asterisc (that means preset modified) , it appears immediately after changing presets.

The knob with the problem is the drive ampknob (N.9 on Pilot’s Handbook)

Does anyone know if is something solvable...(firmware update i.e...or anyting else) or it's better to apply the warranty replacement??

Thanks in advance

In my opinion it isn't something related to the internal software, but probably is due to a hardware problem which can become even worse later

Since your POD is brand new If I were you I would go quickly for the replacement

...with no hesitation

Yes...it seems to be worst...everytime I connect....I will do the warranty replacement, even because the Firmware was already the last one.

I find the way to save my user preset on PC, and I'm satisfied.

Thanks a lot

• Upvote 1

I have encountered this problem too. I believe it's called 'knob jitter'... Almost every time I used a footswitch or even looked at my unit the wrong way, the settings on the amp would change, usually the treble and/or drive knobs in my case.

The recommended solution is to set all knobs to zero. It works on my HD500. After I save my preferred settings, I zero all the knobs, click out of that patch then back in again. Rock steady.

It's possibly a hardware problem, so a warranty replacement might be a good idea. One forum post I read claimed it could be resolved at the software level by changing the tolerance to physical knob movements caused by slight bumps.

All the best!

I presume you save the preset once you made it.

I noticed that the slightest bumps or touch from my hand would bring up the amp edit window changing my settings. Especially if a guitar cord was brushing the knobs but annoyingly when I am on the main edit transport in anther edit window and up would come the amp.

You can deselect Amp edit from main menu and see if that handles it otherwise your carrying out a support ticket.

Good Luck!

I presume you save the preset once you made it.

I noticed that the slightest bumps or touch from my hand would bring up the amp edit window changing my settings. Especially if a guitar cord was brushing the knobs but annoyingly when I am on the main edit transport in anther edit window and up would come the amp.

You can deselect Amp edit from main menu and see if that handles it otherwise your carrying out a support ticket.

Good Luck!

Presets was saved obiouvsly and nothing like the guitar cable touches the "amp knobs"

It starts with changing from the std view to the amp view by itself...but the drive remains the same.

At the beginning I was thinking about the L6 link (because I use in that way with DT25 amp)....I was thinking about the XLR cable used for L6 link was not good (it says something about this on the manual) but even removing the cable the issue remains.

Now when I recalled the preset I found out always a fixed value of drive per each preset (i.e 19) even when drive settings are different per each preset saved.

Even opening it with PODHD500 Edit (USB connected to laptop) I notice that opening the preset after a couple of seconds it changes to the fixed "strange"drive value.

Therefore...I'm going tho call the shop where I've purchased to replace it.

Bye.

Ok, so far the issue is solved. Still I want to make a little notice.

I also observed sometimes, that the amp edit window comes up without any action in this area.

I think this caused by a small movement of the knobs. There is an impulse transmitter and a receiver. You dialed in a value, then you leave the knob between two transmitter. Due to a little shock the knob moves, the transmitter gives a signal and the amp edit window comes up but without any change of the value. Or the change is so little, that it doesn't affect.

If you suspect a change in your patch, just step one time on the button of the actual patch to call back the last saved values.

Yes but in my case, after a couple of days things get worse and immediately after recall a preset I see it starts changing by itself.

It takes the value of drive knob position and it start moves slowly up or down (i.e. Drive=19 after 10 sec you see it changes to 20, 21,22...adrift)