Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Headphones and sound from guitar

lleichtman

Have my guitars through AB box directly into guitar in on FX100. Have the new software on the FX100. Can control it just fine from my iPhone. What I am not getting on my headphones is the sound of the guitar and only getting right speaker. I am using Beats studio quality headphones that certainly get both sides when running straight into my headphones from the iPhone so what is happening. I am plugged directly into the main on my Spider Valve 112. I was hoping I could practice without disturbing everyone all the time as my amp has no headphone out.

Dude, why don't you try getting a headphone adaptor and just plug it into the back of your fx100. Thats what I did. The beauty of the FX100 is the fact that you can have amp tones therefore you don't need your amp. Just an idea :) As far as the amp goes, I have no idea dude.

• Upvote 1

If you plug a cable into the amp out of the FX100, the routing changes to only streamed music to the main outs and headphone and only guitar out to the amp.

What lleichtman austinctu24 is suggesting is that if you are using headphones anyway, no need to plug in the SV.

So for practicing, just don't use your amp, and don't plug a cable into the FX100's amp out, everything will come thru the headphones.

For gigging I would try the main outs of the FX100 into the SV's FX loop.

What I have found is that if I plug any cable into the back of my Spider valve then everything goes through the FX 100. When I unplug it I am going through my amp speaker. Don't know if it was intended this way or not. Saw a video on cabling and what plug to put where but using the effects loop does not give any better sound or functionality.

New issue. Suddenly I'm getting zero sound of my guitar from my FX100 whether it is plugged into the amp or not. I tried the plug into my amplifier, fine. Plugged back into the FX can hear my streaming music just fine but no guitar at all. What happened. I recalibrated. When I try to look if new update is available it says no service.

Nope into the guitar amp input. I found that plugging any cable into the amp return stopped the sound from the amp and it was all into the FX100 and I could unplug the plug in the back to get the sound of the amp. Now no sound even with everything unplugged from amp and iTunes playing but that's it. No guitar at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...