Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

bank switching

aimacs

hey guys at line6,

got my fx100 last friday....

what can i say? sounds fine

but:

switching banks by pushing two buttons at once is a no go.

put out an extension via usb that has sperate (single) switches for bank up/down.....

best

volker

• 2 weeks later...

Bank switching needs to be part of the app, seems like a no brainer. If the tuner can be engaged via the app than bank switching should be as well.

I would also like to several more User Banks, and be able to set the default bank upon powering up the pedal. As it is now, I need hit the two buttons 25 times to get my UB presets. Not the end of the world, but the app should make these things a breeze.

Thanks, Line 6 Expert but when I press the hardware screen button nothing happens so then how can I bank switch. The issue I constantly have is when I am in a bank say 3 and push A which has nothing stored, I get no change to my tones. When I am in bank 1 and change, yes it changes. And my biggest gripe is that I have a large computer device, Amplifi FX100 and I have to write down what bank is what on paper. That's brain dead in my book. I will keep the Amplifi but I think this could have been a much better designed product. There should be some instructions on how to use the app in conjunction with the FX100 but all you get is videos of people using it. That is not an instruction but more of an ad for the product. I can't say this was Line 6's best roll out of a product.

Please clarifly what you mean when you say "hardware screen'.

If In the app I press the Amplifx150 option it does come up with all the banks. I can scroll thru them and select one.

However it leaves the pedal board where I was before. I think the pedal should reflect what you are doing in the app. If I scroll down to bank 22a the pedal should go to 22a.

Currently the the FX100's display will show the last bank navigated to via the pedal.

But selecting any bank from the app will load that current tone.

I agree the pedal should reflect the bank selected in the app, hopefully this will happen in a future upgrade.

Thanks for confirming. Seems like a small change given how well they have done getting the app and pedal to work. As a software developer I know "small changes" don't always end up being "small". Hopefully they agree to look at this. It is kind of a downer if you want to go live with it as is.