Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod x3 Crashing

Doubledashie

When I use my DAW my pod X3 and HD 500 never have problems. But I like to use my X3 as an external sound card just for listening to music and it often crashes and I can't restart my audio, and the only thing that gets my audio back is restarting my computer. 

I posted this once and I got a bunch of links to other forums or lists of windows 7 optimizations. None of them worked or I wouldn't be re-posting. 

I was curious to see if there was a way to use the asio drivers when I'm not using my DAW, because they never crash.

• Downvote 1

What model of X3 do you have: Bean, Live, or Pro? I ask because there is a known audio dropout issue with the X3 Live that fits your symptoms. This specific issue is not present in the Bean or Pro.

If you have the X3 Live search the X3 forum for posts that mention 'audio dropout'. There is a lifetime warranty for any X3 Live that has this issue. You will find details there; it requires servicing at an authorized Line 6 service center.

It's not just the X3 Live, my Pro has had this issue for years. I have recently installed an internal USB 2 card which seems to have cured the problem once and for all. I'm not saying it is the solution for everyone but thus far has worked for me. Cost me 10 quid including postage.

It's not just the X3 Live, my Pro has had this issue for years. I have recently installed an internal USB 2 card which seems to have cured the problem once and for all. I'm not saying it is the solution for everyone but thus far has worked for me. Cost me 10 quid including postage.

hmm, well my laptop has decent specs, I don't think USB 2.0 compatibility is an issue. but it could be caused by interrupts. Was your computer originally USB 2.0 compatible? 

What model of X3 do you have: Bean, Live, or Pro? I ask because there is a known audio dropout issue with the X3 Live that fits your symptoms. This specific issue is not present in the Bean or Pro.

If you have the X3 Live search the X3 forum for posts that mention 'audio dropout'. There is a lifetime warranty for any X3 Live that has this issue. You will find details there; it requires servicing at an authorized Line 6 service center.

I've heard about that problem, but mine is the bean. Any other ideas?

I wouldn't rule out the known issues that effect X3 Live and in my case the Pro too being the same reason for failure of your Bean. In my case it was resolved by adding another internal USB2 card with an NEC chipset. My current PC motherboard is a Gigabyte board with 10 USB2 ports on the back and two more up front. None of which were stable with the X3, either Live or Pro. 

Obviously this won't help you if you have a laptop.

The well known audio dropout issue that affects the X3 Live, for which Line 6 has offered a lifetime warranty and free hardware fix, is unique to the X3 Live. That's not to say that there are no usb-related audio dropout problems that can occur with the Pro or Bean, such as the ones you are describing here. But those issues are isolated to specific faults with specific devices and are not present as a general manufacturing flaw in all units of that model/family.

The best thing I can suggest is to call Line 6 (see Contact Us at the foot of this page) or open a support ticket for information and (hopefully) direction. Be advised that the X3 is no longer officially supported but they might be able to point you anyway.