Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Gearbox Gold Bundle Error Message

Once I had the software installed I ran the latest Monkey. Drivers section stated I needed an update.  3.2.7.0 Trying to update to the latest 4.2.7.1

Update shows it goes through. Open Gearbox-get a popup box "Ignoring connection to TonePort DI-G. This device has an incompatible driver iinstalled". So no sound and the USB icon flashes on the bottom. I did have a GuitaPort installed successfully before this attempt to upgrade to the TonePort. :unsure:

Just a suggestion. Try unplugging the usb, restarting your computer, wait for it to finish starting and then plug in the usb. You should make sure your running gearbox as administrator and any other line 6 programs as well, although if your the administrator already and not a guest on your computer you won't need to....I think...lol.

Edited by Brazzy

Just a suggestion. Try unplugging the usb, restarting your computer, wait for it to finish starting and then plug in the usb. You should make sure your running gearbox as administrator and any other line 6 programs as well.

Thanks Brazzy-I was wondering why restart PC wasn't in the install instructions but I did what it said. I also noticed that I had to put the new TonePort as the default device. So I can use it in my DAW now. But still same message in stand alone mode. But I don't really use it as stand alone.

• Upvote 1

Make sure you have the most recent version of Monkey.

Try other USB ports too.

Also, POD Farm 1.12 replaces Gearbox.

Thanks Triryche Yep I've got the latest Monkey version. The only thing not up to date was the original thing I posted about. I do have the Pod Farm limited thing. Just a few amps. But when I tried to open Version 2.57 it says Pod Farm failed to initialize L6TWXY framework. (Code 0x8000e00a)

An edit: Pod Farm does work within the DAW-but still get the above error message when trying the stand alone of it.

Thanks Brazzy-I was wondering why restart PC wasn't in the install instructions but I did what it said. I also noticed that I had to put the new TonePort as the default device. So I can use it in my DAW now. But still same message in stand alone mode. But I don't really use it as stand alone.

Glad to hear you at least have it working now. There is so much that can go on with different computers and programs. When I first started using this stuff it took me a quite a while to just understand the Computers OS, in my case Windows XP 32 and now Windows 7 32. After that then came understanding the settings within the different programs in order to channel the sound and have control of it, lol. Whenever I had a chance I poked around in the programs and OS changeing settings to see what happens, Hahahaaa.

Glad to hear you at least have it working now. There is so much that can go on with different computers and programs. When I first started using this stuff it took me a quite a while to just understand the Computers OS, in my case Windows XP 32 and now Windows 7 32. After that then came understanding the settings within the different programs in order to channel the sound and have control of it, lol. Whenever I had a chance I poked around in the programs and OS changeing settings to see what happens, Hahahaaa.

Yeah it's been an adventure. I'm still using XP 32. "In the beginning" I ruined a few PC's under the banner of "Let's see what happens when I do THIS :) uh oh." :rolleyes:

The older Toneports will not run POD Farm 2.5x without purchasing an upgrade.

Make sure you are authorizing/running POD Farm 1.12

Yeah I was silly thinking Pod Farm would just "work" because I have a Toneport now. I really dig the Gold Bundle-the Marshall Silver Jubilee was my amp in the 90's-I miss it a litlle less now. This one is WAY easier to move! ;)

Brother's thanks for all of the help and suggestions.

• Upvote 1

Update: I wanted to let everybody know all of the above issues I had are fixed. :D I really believe it was a driver issue. I unchecked everything except TonPort  in the list and everything works: The Pod Farm stand alones 1.12 and 2.57-and their VST DAW versions.  The Gearbox stand alone and it's VST. The Monkey has all green checks. The odity is the driver section. It reads: Installed 4.2.7.2 Newest 4.2.7.1.

Hope this helps someone-or gives you something to laugh at!!

• Upvote 1