Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

x3Live footswitches sometimes don't work

willc

Anyone having the same problem with the x3 Live?  x3 live footswitches randomly just don't switch.

It started with the stomp and mod switch no reacting, then the bank-up bank-down switches, now also the A,B,C,D switches. Getting worse over the time.

I thought about buying a used x3 live so I have a spare one in case it runs completely out of order, but if this is a frequent problem with the x3live, this wouldn't make sense.

Upgrating to HD500 is no option because it is not downwards compatible. Since my strategy is to have 1-4 sounds per song for my repertoire of about 500 songs - my sound database got big over the years- , the HD 500 would force me to nearly start from scratch.

Hi Mate, went through the same problem. Underneath all those shiny Switches its a tiny-little Tactile Push Button that actually does the job of connecting to the circuit. These switches are really fragile and sensitive. over time, they catch dusts from playing lib

Just like you I coudnt switch to HD Series and my warranty period was over as well. So i was brave and i opened the unit. not the easiest job in the world, but i did it. then with the help of my electrician friend, i took the actual push button out of the board. Needed a good soldiering iron for that. After that i ordered the same buttons (20 of them) from eBay. Then just replaced the ones that weren't working. I was desperate, so committed this suicidal mission. Worked out fine. But i am warning you, you need someone who is good at electrical or electronic repairs.

Hope it helps. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks mitul for your helpful hint.

Thanks to your hint about the contacts in the push buttons, I found an easier way, taking some contact spray and sprayed it just underneath the push buttons (device switched off!!!). Then pushed the buttons 10-15 times so that the fluid got into the switch. Then turned on the x3l and it works properly. I even didn't have to open the device and it was done in 2 minutes.