Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PODHD500X - How to add a second amp to signal chain, and how to switch between those two amps in the chain?

david3

Hello everyone, i recently bought a PODH500X and i'm still learning how to use it properly. Looking at the factory presets i saw a couple of patches that included two amps in the signal chain. I was wondering how can i create my own patches with two amps simultaneously? I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

Actually you could just manipulate an aready made dual patch.

In order to get dual amps choose the amp and then move it until you get another blank amp block at this point it's a matter of choosing an amp and adjusting levels of the amp and mixer to your liking and of course any effects you use. When using the effects it's important to know which ones are mono and stereo, this info can be found in the manuals section. Should go without saying I only covered a bit of the basics. A link to the part of the manual Page 32 chapter 3-4

Edited by Brazzy

Not sure in the edit program. On the Pod itself it's simple. Choose amp, put cursor on amp with d-pad, click "move" button, push d-pad to the right which creates the split, click "move" again, move cursor to empty amp block by pushing down on d-pad, select second amp.

To select between them, you need to assign them to a footswitch. That is documented everywhere and should be simple enough. I believe it's: put cursor over amp, hold enter key until bottom of display changes to read "none" or "fs1,2,3 etc.." or "exp1 or 2", release enter key, press switch you want to turn amp on or off, and it will read that value at the bottom, hit "view" to return to main view, move cursor to other amp and press "enter" to make sure one amp is on while the other is off, press the footswitch you selected and see if they switch.

Also, there is a bypass volume on each amp while it is off. Be sure to set them to zero. Double click enter on an amp model, and when the amp display reads on the screen, hit enter again to turn it off and see the bypass volume. Good luck and sorry for the run on sentences.

Hello everyone, i recently bought a PODH500X and i'm still learning how to use it properly. Looking at the factory presets i saw a couple of patches that included two amps in the signal chain. I was wondering how can i create my own patches with two amps simultaneously? I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

You can also use the pedal to go from one amp to the other. The beauty of this is that you can have very useful in-between positions as well as the full on at either end of the arc. I would also mention that you can program the amps to have different levels at different points of the arc. In other words, you can set an amp to lower its volume as you decrease the pedal, so the blending positions are optimized. In addition you can simultaneously have your effects settings change with the pedal, so you could, for instance, increase delay as you go to the louder soiling amp, or increase a distortion pedal, etc. The possibilities are pretty endless and the control is very useful for gigging players.

Most of the time I use only one patch per song. My patches are set up to go from, eg, a clean Slo to a distorted Slo, or a broken up /13 to a full on, etc. etc. I never have to dance around on the switches. I just rock the pedal. This can be very useful when you're comping and want to throw in a line here or there, and if you sing too, it's a god send to not have to always look down at the pedal board, or hope that you're hitting the right switch. IMHO this is one of the most useful and valuable features of the HD.