Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 150 plus FBV Express - Instructions? - Help

cwmbrancon

Hi There,

I've trawled everywhere to try and find a proper manual (doesn't appear to exist!). 

I want to use my FBV Express with the Amplifi. Are there instructions anywhere?

Anyone know if I can select more than the four presents on the amp with it?

Any help appreciated

Thanks

C

no, you can only select 4 from 4 presets... the pedal is pretty basic.

you will be able to select from more than 4 presets with the FBV shortboard when the amplifi update is released.

the FBV pedals can be used with alot of different equipment, so the instructions are generally in the equipment manual and not a separate manual.

so i'd look for the amplifi manual...

although there really aren't any hidden features...

4 presets, tuner, and vol/wah is pretty much it when using with the amplifi.

First of all, you are right, there is no manual. The 'Pilot's Guide' that came with it is all there is and I doubt there'll ever be an official manual (I've got a JTV Variax guitar and the promised manual for that product has also never materialised!).

Regarding the FBV pedals, it appears that the Express model will always have very limited functionality with the Amplifi (i.e. limited to switching between 4 presets). On the other hand, the Shortboard will apparently allow you to switch between 100 presets (according to pre-release information from Line6 about the v1.1 Firmware upgrade) if and when the Amplifi firmware is upgraded to provide this functionality. Also, the Shortboard will allow to turn on and off individual effects within your presets.

Clearly, the Shortboard will allow you much more control over the Amplifi - the caveat being, once again, IF AND WHEN the firmware is upgraded.

If you bought the FBV exclusively for the Amplifi, I would recommend returning it - it's functionality with the Amplifi is just too limited in my opinion (I nearly picked up an Express until I realised its limitations). I'd recommend picking up the Shortboard only IF the promised firmware upgrade arrives with fuller support for this controller.

Hi There,

Thanks for the answers.

I already had the FBV and also the Shortboard (although it may be an earlier version - its stored away).

I've found that I also have an early version of Ampifi 150 with the Buzz when you plug in the FBV!!

So this is going to have to go back to the store or to the service centre!!

Thanks