Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider iv 120

chstd

I play metal and very familiar with line 6 products and their software style. I like the tones of Line 6 but i wonder if any specific problem existing on these amp series...

Amplifi series have bluetooth connection problem and amp chassis vibration issues on some models for example..

The only specific problems I am aware of with the Spider IV (and all of these only rarely occur except for the firmware updating).

1) Some active pickups overdrive the input circuit, buffering thorugh any kind of stompbox (with no true bypass) seems to solve it.

2) Firmware updating is sometimes tricky, getting Line 6 Monkey to identify your FB Mk2 pedal and amp.

3) Loose control knobs that can result in sound changes when playing loudly due to 'waking' of that control.

Gently, pull the knob off if your having trouble with loose knobs. Be careful, they are fragile, and check the nut behind the knob to see if it has worked loose. Now, those nuts are like the ones under your guitar volume and tone knobs. They break easily. After I tightened mine my Spider IV, 120 WORKS MUCH BETTER. The amp selection knob and the drive knobs are the culprits on my Amp. Now it works much better, but still will go to sleep on occasion. A guy mentioned someone used rubber spacers on there amp and solved the problem. Rock On.

Not every Spider amp has hte knob problem, mine doesn't.    Not sure if new amps come with the Infusion update already installed, you'd have to ask someone who just got one, or ask the factory.  It's fairly easy to install the firmware update, but you obviously need an FBV MkII pedal to do so.