Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't hear all tones / Amp question

flukeson

Hi,

I'm a new user of the pod hd500, I have it plugged into a cheap guitar amp. Some of the presets play through the amp fine, but the majority don't, I cant hear anything, custom and default ones. I have the volume pedal down as well. I could be completely missing something here?

Is it because my amp can't handle it or what? What kind of amp do I need? Looking for something cheap that will work.

Thanks.

Thanks for the replies. That doesn't seem to work either, no sound coming whatsoever. Its very strange only 2 presets work on the entire pod (both customtones downloaded from this website) 

Any other tips, something I should be seeing on the led screen?

Is this POD new or used? If used, it could be that the original owner modified the input types to something that doesn't match or something like that.

If it's new, you should be able to hear the default presets, so as cruisinon2 said, you might want to try a factory reset. Otherwise, I'd call Line 6 support.

Is this POD new or used? If used, it could be that the original owner modified the input types to something that doesn't match or something like that.

If it's new, you should be able to hear the default presets, so as cruisinon2 said, you might want to try a factory reset. Otherwise, I'd call Line 6 support.

Its used. I reset to factory defaults removing everything and still nothing. I loaded on some customtones aswell and again its only the same one that works and the others don't. How would I go about modifying the input types? Strange that only one works but nothing else does (no matter where its placed in the bank)

Its used. I reset to factory defaults removing everything and still nothing. I loaded on some customtones aswell and again its only the same one that works and the others don't. How would I go about modifying the input types? Strange that only one works but nothing else does (no matter where its placed in the bank)

You can check input types on screen 3 of the system settings on the POD. The manuals here discuss how to do that:

http://line6.com/support/manuals/podhd500

Read the manual as referred to in the post from alienux:   http://line6.com/support/manuals/podhd500

What have you got plugged in to the HD500 and what input socket have you got it plugged into?

How have you connected the HD500 to your amp?  What output socket are you using?

What have you got the MASTER control knob set to?

Do you hear anything if you plug headphones into the phones socket and listen on them?