Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

toggle reverb on amp with HD 500

berkleegrad

figured this has been answered before - just can't seem to find it in my search...

Can the HD 500 be used to switch on and off the reverb on an amplifier?

My (ValveTrain) amp accomodates a 1/4" jack and it would be helpful, to be able to asign a footswitch to turn that on and off (as well as maybe turn of the digital reverb). Please note that this is analog and not MIDI switching...

thanks in advance, -Rick

Unfortunately, no.  There is no capability to provide that type of switching for effects or channels...

Can the HD 500 be used to switch on and off the reverb on an amplifier? Please note that this is analog and not MIDI switching...
  • Upvote 1

Radatasts and Charlie_Watt

thank you both for taking the time to reply to my query...

sort of figured as much about the analog switching; but, it is always nice to have another confirmation (espcially when dealing with the ways of the POD)

Yes, the POD HD's reverbs are indeed pretty good; but, every now and then, nothing is quite like a 'very good' spring reverb (which this amp has - it sort of blooms behind the note after you play it very nice). Plus I would free up a little processor headrom for other effects ;) 

again, thanks!   , Rick