Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Are footswitches better in HD500X?

lachinelli

My HD500 works fine and all and I know the 2 differences between HD500 and HD500X. I hardly use dual-amps but I was interested in knowing if footpedals on HD500X endure better. It's my belief that the changes are only aesthetic; just more light, different footswitch but the microswitch in the board is probably the same one.

Does anyone know if footswitches are actually better?

Well, it's a different plunger mechanism from what I understand, and it is being marketed as being more robust. As to what that means, I can't say exactly. I can't say I've seen anyone complaining about the switches on a HD500X failing, but I do see people having issues with the HD500 switches every now and then. But, of course, the HD500 is an older product with a broader user base at this point, too.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

My bottom row of switches don't appear to 'click' anymore - like I can't feel when they are actually changing like I could when I got it a year ago - the 4 up top still do, but then I don't use them nearly as much so in my experience, I don't find them to be that robust really.

There's actually several posts on this board about switch issues on the 500x. How many are attributed to board issues and how many are strictly switch issues has not been quantified.

Well, it's a different plunger mechanism from what I understand, and it is being marketed as being more robust. As to what that means, I can't say exactly. I can't say I've seen anyone complaining about the switches on a HD500X failing, but I do see people having issues with the HD500 switches every now and then. But, of course, the HD500 is an older product with a broader user base at this point, too.

There's actually several posts on this board about switch issues on the 500x. How many are attributed to board issues and how many are strictly switch issues has not been quantified.

Well, the post you quoted is from over a month ago, and back then I hadn't seen any posts about people having issues with the HD500X's footswitches. And, actually, other than the comment in this post, I still haven't really. I'm not saying there aren't any. I don't see every post on this forum, but I do see most of them. I'm not making any claim other than sharing my anecdotal evidence.

• 5 months later...

I've had my 500X just over a year and last night the lights on the switches on the left hand side failed to light (FS4/8 & Looper/Tap).  Today they fault has moved across the board and only FS2 and 3 light when active.  The other switches 'work' but as you can't see what is on/off its very confusing!

Anyone else had this issue or can suggest a resolution?  I will contact the dealer but I guess they are gonna say its out of warranty! :-(