Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

V75 fade problems

Just doing our first theatre show after replacing 6 MiPro analogue radio mics with V75s.
They are generally working very well but I've been getting occasional random fade problems. Seems to affect random mics. It will suddenly drop in and out by about 20dB then equally suddenly recover again. Perhaps happens 5 minutes then is rock solid for the rest of the show - sometimes comes back.
Definitely the mics as you can see the level drop on the mixer screen (Yamaha 01v) and the RF bars dropping on the receiver

The auditorium walls are 3 foot of stone and there is no wifi around so it shouldn't be interference. Mic to receiver distance is only around 20m with a single sheet of ply in-between.

Anyone any thoughts??
Thanks
Steve

That's confusing. Digital is not capable of fading. If it were a single unit I would suspect it to be a hardware problem but that's not likely to happen to multiples. You might have bad mic cables. Are you using the factory supplied mics? Are you using the factory power supplies? How have you determined that it is a fault of the radio and not the mic channel itself?

Perhaps a bad choice of words! It appears to be the RF which is 'fading'. The RF bar graph on the receiver will run up and down bewtween max and nothing. When it's at the botoom - no sound. (Not surprisngly!).

When this isn't happening - which is most of the time - the RF bar graphs are rock solid at maximum.

Steve

The RF ladder has nothing to do with level or sound quality. It is showing you data errors. As long as you have one LED lit you are fine and have no quality issues. If you are getting too many errors you are having local interference issues

I would rarely if ever expect to see them stay full on all the time. The system does not require it and they should be looked at as a method of determining if your antennas are in a good spot.

Which mode are you running in? Which antennas are you using? Are you using the antenna pass throughs? How close are the antennas to a wall when you have the problems?

>> Which mode are you running in?

Don't know. How do I find out. Doesn't seem to be anything in the manual about modes??

>>Which antennas are you using?

Using thse supplied antennae and pass throughs. 4 of the units linked together and the other 2 linked together.

>> How close are the antennas to a wall when you have the problems?

The antennae have a couple of sheets of 1/4" ply immediately in front of them then nothing to the transmitters about 25yds away.

Steve

Steve

If you haven't switched them then you are running in RF2 mode. In this mode you must scan for channels and you must be in control of all wi-fi in your venue. If you switch them over to RF1 mode I'll bet your problems will be over.

Steve,

You might also want to check that the Dynamic Filter option is turned off on all the receivers, just to rule that out. As Don said, are you sure that they're 20db down at points, or have they just dropped out completely?

Thanks again everyone. When I checked, I found that 5 of them were set to rf2 and one was on rf1! They are now all on rf1 but I'll have to wait till the next show to really test things out.

I'll report back in due course.

Steve