Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod X3 Live Microphone Use

jackel411

I'm running my x3 live [direct out] to 2 seperate pa amps at once.[2500 watts each] one for right , one for left channel. Each side pushing about 1600 watts. works great!

Q: I'm having trouble getting a mic to work. I've plugged the xlr [from the mic]  into the back of the x3 live, but I don't think i have the output set right. Any help for that?

Perhaps it's the input setting. Make sure that MIC is selected as the input for either Tone1 or Tone2, and adjust the input trim setting until you get a clear input signal. The input trim setting is a little black knob beside the mic XLR input on the rear panel of the X3L.

that sound right. Mind telling me how to go about doing that? It would have to be for tone 2, as all the patches are in tone 1.

sure would appreciate it. :)

Check out the sections in the Inputs button settings and see what options you have.  I don't see an option in this part of the manual for a mic. Strange.

Page 77 in the manual

I have the X3 Pro, it has 2 mic inputs in, my case I have to select tone 2 and Mic 2.

Edited by Brazzy

keep in mind... it must be a dynamic microphone and not a condenser, as there is no phantom power...

and also.. the trim can be VERY touchy... so turn that all the way up while you are trying to get it going and then back it off slightly once you have sound to get to the appropriate level.