Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Computer Lag!

croSSed

It seems like every time I USB my HD500X to my computer a different "problem" comes up.  The reasons I plug into my computer is to use HD Edit, and to play along with songs I'm learning that are played off of MP3 on my computer, or YouTube links.  Now there is a lag between the time I play my guitar and the time the sound comes out of my computer's speakers or headphones of about 1/2 a second.  I can't figure out what is going on!  Help?  Thanks.

Using USB for playback pretty much always creates a lag situation.  A better alternative is to plug your headphones into your HD500 and monitor from there.  If you need to, temporarily change your computers "speaker" setting to the HD500 and play your MP3's through there as well.

An even better way is to patch the HD500's 1/4" outs into the AUX/MIC input of your PC's sound card.  I've been doing that for years with great results.

Even using the POD's ASIO driver, you will still get a bit of latency for live play.  It's OK for recording, while monitoring through the HD500's headphone out, XLR outs, or 1/4" outs, but most people find the delay objectionable for live use when using USB/ASIO on a PC.