Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using pod farm 2.0 with other interfaces other than the UX2

Might I start off by saying how much I love Line 6 products overall, but I'm having a reoccurring problem with my UX2. The prongs inside the power connect jack are very thin and are easy to bend. I bent my second UX2's prongs in yet again without applying any kind of strong force and I'm just over getting tired of using this interface with POD Farm. 

My question is, if I were to buy a nice interface usable with pro tools / logic / reaper , etc. Would I be able to authorize pod farm use through Line 6 monkey? 

it would have to be pod farm 2.5 or newer...

however... you would also have had paid for the upgrade separately...

if you have only the version of pod farm that came with your UX2, the license is owned by the UX2 and it cannot be used with any other devices.

if you paid for the upgrade, then you can use it with any ASIO/Coreaudio interface.

• 4 weeks later...

But the PC/MAC version only runs on ILOK or with a line6 device plugged in right?

ITs a shame line6 dont offer a way of transferring the model packs. I'm a long user with lots of line6 gear and I feel that the money I spent on the model packs are left behind..

you don't need the ilok.... buy the standard pod farm 2.5 license and authorize your computer.... then you can use all the model packs...

the ilok license is all or nothing and won't use the model packs...

but with the new license manager the ilok is not needed... and you can still use any ASIO interface.

• Upvote 1

So I just need to buy the normal POD FARM 2.5 and them I can "import" all my models pack on it and run in the computer authorized? Nice to know that.

One more question: The normal PodFarm2.5 with all the models is/will be the same as the Platinum one?

yes you are correct.

So I just need to buy the normal POD FARM 2.5 and them I can "import" all my models pack on it and run in the computer authorized? Nice to know that.

One more question: The normal PodFarm2.5 with all the models is/will be the same as the Platinum one?

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I want to start by saying that I am new to most of this but I'm trying to get started and have had a few problems. I recently downloaded Reaper and wanted to record guitars with the Pod farm 2.5 software. However, I already have a Steinberg UR-22 interface. I wanted to just download the Pod farm demo to see if I like it, but it doesn't seem to be working. Do I need to buy a Line6 interface? (although I thought the new version was suppose to work with any interface). Or do I need to buy pod farm software bc the demo version wont work? or is there something else im not thinking of? I downloaded line6's monkey software but when it asks what driver device i want to use, my interface is not on there. PLEASE HELP! im trying to rock out! thanks!