Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Noisy Echo Park

Hi

I love this pedal but as soon as I connect it into a chain with other pedals it generates a hideous sweeping noise which swishes in time with the delay light. I am using a Dunlop Power Brick to supply the power, so I am thinking the problem cannot be with that, yet if I power the Echo Park in isolation... It works fine. So what to do? Hoping someone out there has the answer

Regards

The DC Brick is causing the problem. The ToneCore pedals are notorious for being noisy on daisy chain power supplies, and even though the DC Brick isn't a literal daisy chain like, say, the Visual Sound One Spot, it still is for all intents and purposes a daisy chain. What I mean by that is that its output aren't electrically isolated from one another. They are just wired in parallel with each other. If you have an actual isolated power supply, like the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus, than each output is isolated. It's like having a bunch of standalone power supplies. There's no crosstalk between the outputs.

I use a rechargeable battery pack that I made with 8 Rechargeable D Cell batteries, a battery holder and cable. It has 10 Ah. Works great and I can even daisy a few pedals with it 'cause it lasts for days of playing.

• 9 months later...

I have a problem like this too, I use a daisy chain and its the echo park causing a really fast clicking noise, sort of like static... Could it be a patch cable issue? or something else

It's the daisy chain power supply. In order to operate quietly, the ToneCore pedals need to have an isolated power supply. That means either using a standalone supply for the pedal or getting a power supply that has electrically isolated outputs - something like the Voodoo Lab PP2+. You can also buy the little inline isolators. For one pedal, that's probably the most inexpensive solution. But at $25 a piece, that would add up.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
On 3/29/2015 at 6:55 AM, euanchan said:

I have a problem like this too, I use a daisy chain and its the echo park causing a really fast clicking noise, sort of like static... Could it be a patch cable issue? or something else

Sorry to necro this thread, but I just started getting this same fast clicking noise from my Echo Park, but it only happens when I'm running stereo. I have tried using it with my DC Brick and with a stand alone power supply. Same issue. I even pulled the Echo Park off my board, ran my guitar directly into it, and stereo out to two amps with no other pedals and powered it with a dedicated supply and got the same clicking noise. 

Any suggestions?