Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help. New Owner

bobsynth

I just bought a Spider IV 75 with MKII pedal and am somewhat lost as to how to proceed. I can't find a tutorial video that takes me step by step from A to Z. Is there such a thing? I've read the manual and understand most of it, but I can't seem to put it together in my mind for actual use on a gig. While the presets are cool, I won't use most of them on a gig. I want to set up user presets with sounds I will actually use that I can easily access in a live performance. How to do that and how to organize it is what has me befuddled right now. Also, I would want to edit or change some of the presets so that they have the amount of FX that I want and consistent volume levels between pre sets. How do I accomplish all of this? Any help will be appreciated. I live in Ocean City, MD and gig 3 nights a week in the local lounges and clubs.

I gig and this is how I use mine......

I started and set up my basic rythmn patch.I did the EQ first on clean(bass,mid,treble) then I saved this by holding down channel A and saved to user bank 1a.

Then I added the distortion I required to channel 1A along with the drive level.I overwrote the original channel 1A and saved,this got me my rythmn patch.

I like a good rock sound on rythmn so my eq is....bass set at around 1 oclock,mids around 11 oclock,treble around 3 oclock,drive around 1 oclock and using the red metal distortion.Basically that's my rythmn guitar patch there although I have added a little of thr red comp on FX1.Channel vol saved to around 12 oclock position.

The b patch,I copied the channel A patch to channel b.This now is going to be my lead guitar patch so all I did was increase the channel volume to around the 2 oclock position and saved it to channel B.Reason for this is when it comes to the solo in a song,the volume increase gives the extra boost to cut through the sound so the solo can be heard clearly.Channel C,Same as channel B but I added delay FX and channel d I have a clean sound with a little delay to take the dryness out of it.hope this helps

These amps take a bit of getting used to but just tinker around with it and you will get it.

To add the fx,push the edit button,scroll through the fx and to save desired fx just hold down the desired channel switch (A,B,C or D)until all 4 flash and then push the desired channel switch again and that's the preset saved

Sounds like you first need to understand how to change settings and save them to user preset patch locations - that's all in the manual.  Once you learn that, like jak explains above, you need to organize the patches how you would use them live.

Sounds like you first need to understand how to change settings and save them to user preset patch locations - that's all in the manual.  Once you learn that, like jak explains above, you need to organize the patches how you would use them live.

Correct.I play in a covers band varying from ACDC to ZZtop so I have different sound banks in the 16 user banks for specific songs that we play but all my sound banks started of from the first preset I filed to my amp.Its just all based from that 1 sound patch.

Play around with the amp and it will come together.

It just takes time to get all your patches together but my advice is to create that one rythmn patch,the sound you are going to mainly use,and then any other patch you create will initially be that patch with more vol/less vol,reverb,phaser,etc etc.

When you get your patch created and eg:save patch to channel 1a,simply hold down channel A until all abc and d lights flash,press b and you have simply copy/paste channel a to channel b.From that point you can add your vols or fx to channel b and then hold down channel b until all channels flash,press channel b again and that's it saved.easy.

In the future I hope to post some of my patches to customtone.I do have 1 patch there if you want a real killer Jake E Lee of Ozzy Osbourne tone.

• 1 month later...