Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M9 Firmware update - What is required???

kmoed

I just picked up a used M9 and I am trying to update the firmware.

I have a Focusrite 2i4 interface. I can send midi to and from the M9 to my computer(program changes work both ways) but when loading up the Monkey software, I get 8000000A, that it can't communicate. 

I know it can communicate, I can change patches from my DAW on the M9 and can read midi data incoming on my PC when changing patches on the M9. 

So is this a limitation of the Monkey software ?(it sure seems so), and if so what is EXACTLY required to get a successful communication happening 100% between a computer and the M9.

My computer is modern and up to date(I7, 16GB ram etc,,) Windows 8.1

post-60559-0-44700300-1404220982_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

If Monkey recognizes your M9, then it might be worthwhile to try sending the update with only the cable from the interface's MIDI out to the M9's MIDI in connected. You don't really need the cable from the M9's MIDI out to the interface's MIDI in to do the update. You could also try doing the update manually outside of Monkey using one of the SysEx players. I like Bome's SendSx: http://www.bome.com/products/sendsx

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 months later...

If Monkey recognizes your M9, then it might be worthwhile to try sending the update with only the cable from the interface's MIDI out to the M9's MIDI in connected. You don't really need the cable from the M9's MIDI out to the interface's MIDI in to do the update. You could also try doing the update manually outside of Monkey using one of the SysEx players. I like Bome's SendSx: http://www.bome.com/products/sendsx

Hi, where can I find the SysEx file to update the firmware of M9?

Is the same of M13? m13_bflash...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, where can I find the SysEx file to update the firmware of M9?

Is the same of M13? m13_bflash...

It's not the same as the M13 flash. You can find the actual file here by selecting the M9 and "Flash Memory" from the pull down menu. However, I'd try doing the update through Monkey before doing it manually.

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I tried update firmware 2.04 on my M9 and cod8000000A error occurred. I used a USB-MIDI cable. I do not have an audio interface. I connected the USB to my laptop and the midi cables to the in/out ports of my M9.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

DO

I tried the update firmware 2.04 on my m9, and the cod8000000A error occurred. I used a USB-MIDI cable. I do not have an audio interface. I connected the USB to my laptop and the midi cables to the input and output ports of my M9.