Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD ripe for development of AMPLIFi-style GUI !

jkuche

Line 6, why not develop the same wireless GUI for POD family products ?? What an awesome move!  - playing live, making tweaks on the fly with the sexy, remote AMPLIFi-style GUI . 

Would this development be an ROI issue ? 

Looking forward to some feedback.

(oops - just went over to the Amplifi Fx 100 thread . Looks like this could fit there) 

Do you mean tethered to a Mac or PC via a USB cable, just with a GUI refresh? Or an entirely new Bluetooth-enabled POD line?

Why not both? Maybe some kind of flush fitting usb dongle for existing users and built in to subsequent PODs.

I used to like the idea of a iPad enabled device -- and owned the Digitech IPB10 because of it. After numerous problems with stability, and lack of upgrades, and because I purchased a JTV Variax, I switched to Line6 equipment, which are much more reliable.

Now, I would prefer that Line6 spend more time upgrading POD features than building yet another interface to the device. Plus, the inevitable Android vs. iDevice wars are annoying.

• Upvote 1

Playing live and making tweaks on the fly ?  Sheeesh, I have enough to do when playing live, don't want to even think about tweaks.  Even then, the interface on the PODHD is fine for me on the rare times I've had to make a tweak.  I'd rather see some time put into making a better EQ interface - I know that topic has been beaten to death.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Playing live and making tweaks on the fly ?  Sheeesh, I have enough to do when playing live, don't want to even think about tweaks.  Even then, the interface on the PODHD is fine for me on the rare times I've had to make a tweak.  I'd rather see some time put into making a better EQ interface - I know that topic has been beaten to death.

Amen, bro.  I do my setting up and configuring in advance.  When performing, we're performing, living the experience.  I'm moving around far to much and have way too much going on interacting with the audience and band-mates to be tweaking my equipment on the fly.  That's just my 2-cents; not saying that's the way it is for everyone, but I believe that it is for anyone that's having a great time while performing.

• Upvote 1

I used to like the idea of a iPad enabled device -- and owned the Digitech IPB10 because of it. After numerous problems with stability, and lack of upgrades, and because I purchased a JTV Variax, I switched to Line6 equipment, which are much more reliable.

Now, I would prefer that Line6 spend more time upgrading POD features than building yet another interface to the device. Plus, the inevitable Android vs. iDevice wars are annoying.

I agree, I have an iPad and I tell you I dont like to use it to tweek sounds, I like the way POD HD connects to the PC via USB and dont care for bluetooth. That's why I pod a POD HD500X not and Amplify amp+board+ipad.