Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sudden Volume Changes on Certain Patches

moogary

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been having some problems with a couple of patches.  I would select a patch and it would be at a very low volume (all my patches were previously leveled).  All other patches except are at the correct volume.

I have flashed the firmware and re-installed the set to no avail.

I did notice something weird.  If I double click one of the 2 patches in HD Edit, the volume increases to normal level.  If I change away from the patch using the foot switches and come back to the same patch, it is low again.

Anyone have any insights to the problem?

• Upvote 1

I did notice something weird.  If I double click one of the 2 patches in HD Edit, the volume increases to normal level.  If I change away from the patch using the foot switches and come back to the same patch, it is low again.

I had this same problem some time ago. while I was setting the levels in the mixer in the GUI. Also, it happened with the pod reset & calibrated. All I could come up with was somehow that patch got corrupt. So I uninstalled the drivers and HD500 Edit with Line 6 uninstaller, restarted the computer (Win 7) then reinstalled the drivers and HD Edit. reflashed (not saving presets), reset, recalibrated and after that I was good.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thanks Hurghanico & Brazzy.  I will try to reset tonight.  Good idea.  However, the reason I re-flashed was because I was getting these issues in the first place.  Will keep you posted... 

• Upvote 1

Well the Reset certainly did help some other problems I had such as correct the FS6 not working (I had to rearrange my banks without FS6).  The volume levels are more consistent now.  I re-leveled one patch and all seems to be good for the moment.  I have a gig tomorrow night and I don't trust the POD at the moment.  Hopefully all will go well as usual.

Thanks so much for the suggestions.

• Upvote 1

Well... It didn't go very well.  When I did a sound check at the gig last night, my FS6, Bank down and Volume pedal all were not responding.  I flashed the memory again, performed a System Reset like last time, but the POD didn't return to a functional state.  I had to use channels A and B on the DT Amp to have a Clean and Dirty sound with no effects.  Bummer!

I brought the POD today to a repair center and hopefully they can fix it.  VERY unreliable for gigging.

Well... It didn't go very well.  When I did a sound check at the gig last night, my FS6, Bank down and Volume pedal all were not responding.  I flashed the memory again, performed a System Reset like last time, but the POD didn't return to a functional state.  I had to use channels A and B on the DT Amp to have a Clean and Dirty sound with no effects.  Bummer!

I brought the POD today to a repair center and hopefully they can fix it.  VERY unreliable for gigging.

Thanks for the update, I've never experienced foot switch issues. I hope you get it fixed bud. Some people gig with them ok. I don't gig with it......yet. I just use them at home for recording my own stuff.