Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Does anyone know who make the amplifiers for the L3t?

I was wondering who made the amps was it Line 6 or someplace like Crown or??? Do we know who makes the speakers or are they line6 only?

also I see they are rated at peak power I was told they were 1000watt continuos 1400peak do you know if thats true?

Can we change the crossover point when we use a sub or is it set at its own point?

thanks...

You can set the crossover frequency manually at 80, 100 or 120Hz. The drivers are custom made by Celestion. The power of all amps combined is 1400W peak/ 700W RMS.

http://line6.com/data/6/0a06434d11974f555a86a4cda/application/pdf/Line6%20L3t%20Specifications%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

The power spec is one thing. It could be more useful to look at the maximum DBSPL @ 1m which tells you how loud the speaker can get. For the L3's it is 132 dBSPL measured. Most manufacturers spec a calculated dBSPL value which is a theoretical value that disregards limiters etc. Our 132 dBSPL is actually measured in a real life situation.

you talking about DBSPL, perhaps you can give an explanation in this thread for the L3S?! in the specs i can find the following text: depends on the configuration.

but what does that means????   100 dbSPL with L2T and 120 with L3T???? or always the same like the tops????  please let me know this!

and a hint for you line 6 guys: the guy who wrote the specification on the german website copy the specs from L2T into the column of the L3s. This is wrong and confusing!!

dBSPL MAX is the "pressure level" at 1 meter when driven to full power.

Some manufacturers specify it from "calculations".  That's with the wind at your back and going downhill.  The number usually appears to be 10-15 dB higher than the number you would get by measuring.

Line 6 specifies the "measured" value in a real world situation.  That's probably what most users really want to know ... "how much maximum output can I get?"