Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DL-4 Static/white noise

Has anyone found out what causes this? I'm not going to spend $100++ to have the pedal repaired. I can do it myself, if someone can just point me in a direction as to where the component(s) that are failing and causing this may be. I've seen many other posts on the web about this issue with white noise and static, and how it can abruptly occur.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

I have a similar or identical problem. Not a lot of details offered with the original post. 

My DL4 lost the "MONO" channel, which I use most often, since I play thru a single amp. It produces a white noise hiss. I've been using the "R" channel, but would like to repair. 

Anybody have an insight on this?

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem with my DL4, hiss / loud noise when the effect was activated so true-bypass (alternate is always present) connected mono (L input / output L). With a cable disconnected on R output the hiss disappeared. I cleaned pcb and all components with the spray and checked the solders and they were good but the problem remained. I kept turned on the unit for more than several hours at a time (do not remember if 18 hours) and the hiss / noise disappeared and is no longer returned also connecting in mono (L in / L out). I have no idea why this worked but it's what happened to my DL4. I hope it can be useful.

• 6 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/20/2022 at 2:35 PM, monsterhippie said:

I was given three DL4s with an awful white noise problem. quite unbearable, but I was able to get rid of it completely. After some trial and error, I figured out that U17, the LMC272 Op-amp, was causing it. I replaced it with a NJM5480 and now it sounds good as new. 

Where could I source the replacement op amp that you used? I’m struggling to source them in the UK. 

thanks