Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bought Pod Studio Gx Today

Bought Pod Studio GX today. 

I want to use it with my brand new iMac, and I realize, there are some installation cd´s in the package. 

However, the new iMac, does not have any dvd/cd player. 

I tried to just connect the interface to the USB port, but I could not get it to work.

1. Is there a possibility to use the guitar to USB interface without using any software installation?

2. I hope that all contents on the CD´s are also possible to download online, and what files should I download in order for it to work?

Thanks it works now.

However,

I also have an M audio USB interface that I use on my other computer that I would prefer to use. 

I have registered the POd farm product, and it works fine, but when I remove the POD studio USB interface, it says I need to register the Pod farm product, even though I just did.

1. Can I run the Pod farm sounds without using the POD studio USB interface, or does it always needs to be connected?

2. I can hear the sound when I connect headphones directly to the POD USB interface, but can´t hear the sound in my computer speakers, even though I have selected "output internal speakers", can the Pod farm not function as stand alone? Does it always need to be open in a DAW?

you cant run the software without the line6 interface unless you buy the software without the line6 interface... the interface owns the license.

you must use the audio connection on the GX for your speakers... same hardware needs to be used for in and out... for better latency control etc...

nou can research how to aggregate your sound on the mac, and circumvent this but you'd be introducing possible issues etc... not supported...

Sure you can. It just needs to be recognized via USB.

So what you are saying is, I can run Pod Farm on Pro Tools, however, I MUST have the POD Studio GX interface connected as well at all times?