Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hi Guys

Could anyone tell me where in the UK I can get some quality cables for my dream rig.  I need a L6 link lead (good quality microphone lead?) and the lead to connect my variax to the HD500x. I believe the lead supplied with the variax is only designed to connect to a computer and not for playing "live" - it's not long enough for that anyway.  Both need to be about 5 metres long for home/small gigs.

thanks in advance

A mic cable would work for the L6 Link connection, but really, the official Line 6 cable is an AES/EBU cable. As far as the VDI cable, you should be able to pick up a Line 6 branded one from any Line 6 dealer. I've seen a few people selling other ones, too. I don't know about where to get them in the UK, though. You want a cable with ethercon connectors on both ends.

I use a DMX cable for the L6 link which works perfectly for me. I have the official Line 6 VDI cable for the pod to variax connection. Length wise it's fine and it works perfectly well but it doesn't look or feel like a guitar lead. I had a look on Ebay a few months ago to see if anyone was producing anything better but at the time there wasn't.

I use a high quality 30' xlr cable and it works ok. I think. I have had many gremlins in my dream rig. many were definitely not the L6 connection, but some: who knows? If you got the $ get the AES/EBU cable, if not go high quality mic cable and keep your fingers crossed.

I absolutely hate that the Line 6 cable is only available in 20' and 50' ($60 and $80 respectively). I play on small to medium sized stages usually and 30' is right in the "Goldilocks Zone" 

Line 6: Please make a 30 or 35 foot AES/EBU cable!! I would buy it.

20's too short and 50 footers are a pain and short-lived.