Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tron Up soundclip

stefanha1

I have found the Tron Up and Tron Down effects a little tricky to use in the past.  The wah-like envelope filter is undeniable but often brings in harsh high frequencies.  It can be hard to tame the frequencies and get a nice sound.

Yesterday during a jam session I had a stroke of luck though.  Playing through a dirty Blackface Double amp model, I dropped in the Tron Up stomp box and got a cool sound without much tweaking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG013J2LCVQ#t=7m29s

Love how it screams through this amp.  Enjoy!

Anyone else liking the Tron Up?

I use a Tron Up in two of my songs: Radiative Embrace and Entropy.The Tron Up doesn't start until 1:24 in Radiative Embrace and it's used throughout in Entropy. I also link the exp pedal to the effect to control the mix. Love the sound of the Tron Up. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. I've attached the patch I used in both these songs. In Entropy a reverse delay is used as well. Have fun! Note this patch is for the HD500X.

Lead-1-7-4-45.zip

I listened to a few of duncanns. Well Done! Really Excellent technique and concepts and styles.

Definitely showcasing the HD500X !

The production is stella too.

I really like whatever reverb your using on Ekpyrosis, Lush.

• Upvote 1

Thanks bjnette! Appreciate that you like it!

None of the songs use any effects in the daw except on the master track; multi-band compressor, louderizer, and limiter. There is some effects on the drums; compressors, eqs, stereo enhancer, ir reverb, etc. Everything else is pure hd500x.

Here's the patches I used for Ekpyrosis (guitar and bass). The guitar patch would probably work on the hd500 also, but I doubt the bass patch would.

Ekpyrosis.zip

I've been largely disappointed with the mutron. It was never a great sounding unit for guitar, but nice on clav. I think the problem is that it has too full frequency a "throw" if you will. There are much more guitar centric autowah pedals on the market that IMHO would have been better choices for L6. But, hey, that's just my opinion.

• 7 years later...