Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UX2 power supply without pc

NkMorg

hey@all! hope, this is the right place for my question - if not, please shift the topic ;)

i've got a L6 UX2 for some weeks now and have a question to the power-supply.

since it is not allowed to put the UX2 to an USB-hub (at least the manual says so), i've got a problem with the power-supply of the UX2: I use it for listening music as well, and my PC uses to go to the standby then - but then the power-suppy for the UX2 fails and the UX2 turns off.

I've tryed to set the standby in that way that it supports the USBs with power even if it's in the standby, but it did not work :(

furthermore it would be great to be able to use the UX2 for listenting to music from the mp3-player as well, whats theoretically possible with the right cables, but would be nonsense if i would have to have the PC running all the time.

So: Is there a possibility to support the UX2 with power independently from the computer?

thanks in advance and all the best

Mo

you can try a powered usb hub...

the key thing is that it's not supported... however that doesn't mean that it won't work....

just means that line6 won't be able to assist you if there are issues.... 

They can work with a powered hub, in conjunction with a computer, and on some machines it works properly with a hub vs the pc's ports.

But I think the OP was wanting to use an mp3 player with just the UX2 and a powered hub and no pc.