Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Desktop/portastudio

biga1988

Hi,

I'm quite new to Line 6 POD gear and recording in general, and having a bit of a problem.

I'm running my POD into a Tascam DP24, im using both outputs into the DP24? And the problem im having is that 

when i listen to my guitar through the headphone out of my POD it sounds great, but as soon as i record onto the Tascam it sounds very

muddy, messy and slightly buzzy here and there, from either my monitors or headphones. And while that may seem like its the Tascam fault,

when i record direct into the tascam using its built in amp simulator,it sounds obviously poorer in terms of realism, but it does sound some what clearer and a lot more defined than when i record with the POD.

I understand that people might not no much about the Tascam, but just wondered if anyone might know if theirs anything i'm doing wrong with the POD.

Any help will be much appreciated.

It sounds like a level problem.  You need to make sure the input and output match i.e. both line level or mic level.  This is a huge guess but it soundslike it might be the Pod output is set to line level and the deck is set to mic level.  Very hard to tell from this vantage point :D

It sounds like a level problem.  You need to make sure the input and output match i.e. both line level or mic level.  This is a huge guess but it soundslike it might be the Pod output is set to line level and the deck is set to mic level.  Very hard to tell from this vantage point :D

Thank for reply,

I know it is hard to tell. Do you think i should bypass the pre on the tascam and just use the power from the POD?

Thanks