Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider IV 120 Complete loss of volume

Frac

Before I went out to play the other night I was adjusting my sounds and warming up at home. Amp sounded great noproblems what so ever. Get to the gig plug in to do a sound check and the volume was at a normal out put and sudenly dropped out. No master volume what so ever same volume from 1 -10, very low. Shut the amp off and turned it back on same thing a surge of volume then back to a very low un adjustable volume. I even plugged the power sorce into a different outlet, thinking it was a surge or power protector or something like that. Luckily they had an amp I could use. Very disapointed to not be able to use this less than a month old amp. Brought it home and plugged it in and seems to be working fine. Been playing for years and have never had this happen to any amp I've had. Any idea's why this would happen?

I seen this before.My buddy had a spider3 120 amp.We did a gig and the support band for us used our amps.The amp went fine for the support band but when we went on,turned the amp on it totally shut down fully.The light came on the display but that was all and no volume.luckily there was a spider4/75 as back up but next day the amp worked as normal.It only ever did it once and has been fine since.Your theory about power surge I think is correct.Also think its a good idea to power them from an independent source,eg-plug them direct to the wall plug and not an extension lead that's powering any other equipment