Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FBV Express kills Pod X3 output

Hi guys,

My FBV Express (Mk 1) all of a sudden is preventing output from my Pod X3 bean... Basically nothing comes out of the X3 (monitors or headphones) unless the FBV is unplugged. I was paranoid that the bean itself was DOA but did some logical troubleshooting and realized that it's the FBV connection that's gumming up the works. Swapped RJ45 cables, no effect. Opened up the FBV but there's nothing serviceable there but 3 tiny throwaway circuit boards interconnected with ribbon cables, no obvious signs of distress.

Not the end of the world, I can grab another on the classifieds, but just surprised that such a simple essentially passive device can short out and defeat the whole downstream fx chain...

Anyone else with similar tales of woe?

Cheers

...I should add that audible output works fine when in Tuner mode, just not in Tone mode. And when I turn on the bean, all the FBV lights cycle thru their startup routines. Bizarre. Is there some way to reset this thing? I heard that you can press the D pedal while starting up but this had no effect.