TetraFish

Long Firmware Update (Multiple Hours)

Just got my 75 and played it for about ten minutes and tried to update. Fist try it locked up about 3/4 way through. Gave it probably 2 hours. Finally shut it down and tried again. This time the progress bar moved about 5% of the way in 45 minutes. I shut it down again and am trying an iPad 3 this time.

I have reinstalled the app each time made sure all the updates are made etc.

So I started with iPad Air, then a 5s and then a iPad 3. All with the same result. The last update has been on for about a half hour and is at about the 5% mark.

This is very disappointing. I guess there is no way to do a full factory reset? Is there another way to update?

I updated mine yesterday... It took about 30mins beginning to end. I placed my iPad on the amp while updating the amp's firmware which took about 20mins via the iPad and amp's Bluetooth connection. Bluetooth is the gating issue here so be sure you keep your amp and device close together.

To do a factory reset, hold down the volume and tap Tone Select button during power up. I would suggest forgetting the BT connection and reestablishing. Also, if possible, use Wi-Fi, not a cellular connection. Also reboot your iPad and wireless router.

I finally got it after about an hour and a half with an iPad 3.

Did try all of the above suggestions except a router boot. The factory reset did nothing.