Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Custom Magnetic Labels for HD500x. ANY INTEREST?

amcolan

Hello all Line 6 Users,

Right now I have a company that manufactures custom magnetic labels for Midi foot controllers.  I am considering adding labels for the HD500x to my product line.  I am looking to get feedback from users.  What would you look for in a label?  Right now our labels are completely custom made which means you can choose the design for each label as well as the text you want.  To get an idea of what the labels look like here is our website.  www.gigwrx.com

Once we decide to add this product to our site we can have them available within weeks.  The labels we product are extremely durable and heavy duty.  almost 1.5mm thick and completely water/beer proof. 

Im open to thoughts and suggestions regarding this idea.  Your input is valuable and we will implement as many ideas as possible. 

Regards,

Anthony

Gigwrx

• Upvote 2

Thanks Rick.  No these are not glow in the dark label.  The cost of the glow material would have made the labels far too expensive.  It woould have been hard to charge $150 for a set of labels for any product.  Plus the glow material only would last roughly 30 min at full charge which we didnt feel was adequate glow time for a gigging musician.  So we opted for no glow labels at this time until we can find better material.  To start we will be making labels for the HD500x.  The HD 500 is a different lyout and would have to be different labels.  Possibly in the future as well.

• 2 weeks later...

They will most likely be the exact same price as the current label we make. $2.99 per label. These are very high quality labels with extremely thick magnet. So they are not cheap to manufacture.

Take a look at our website www.gigwrx.com

• 2 weeks later...

We should have the labels up on our site and ready to take orders within 3-4 weeks.  Stay tuned for some fully customizable high quality magnetic labels.  They will be available for both the HD-500x and FX-100 Amplifi model.  More models will be added soon.

Got the site bookmarked, anxiously awaiting!  Thanks for posting about this.

I like that they are so visible & durable.

I pretty much set up my POD the same way on each bank, that way I can tailor presets to songs.

The bottom row is in order of clean to crunch, ie;

Clean, Tweed, Crunch, Spcl (Special) representing switches FS5, FS6, FS7, FS8.  Clean is a Blackface, Tweed is a Bassman, Crunch/Lead is a Bogner Uber.

The top row is arranged as follows:

FS1-Spcl, FS2-Mod, FS3-Hmny, FS4-Solo

"Special"  on the top is for special effects that fall outside the norm of the others represented.  My Crunch tone has a boost that has a comp/delay so I can use the same preset for leads. 

"Special" on the bottom row is for "one off" presets that are unique, such as my "Morph" preset that I use to rock from heel "Clean" to toe "Crunch/Lead" more dynamically using the expression pedal.

With all of that having been said, I'd like to get some magnetic labels that fit this.  I presume that is part of the design process according to your website.

• 2 weeks later...

If you build it they will come.

I liked your idea, I cut up magnetic fridge business cards and calendars and made labels with a texta marker. 
It doesn't look as good as yours.

On the HD500 we have also a layered narrow section  in front of the upper and lower switches.
A Special batch of labels that fit these could be cheap to buy and make.

HD500_Labels1.pdf

Update:

We are only a few weeks out at this point before our launch.  We have all the designs done and are still adding more.  But we are just waiting on the delivery of our custom cut machine to actually cut the labels to size.  As soon as that comes in we will be up and running and taking orders.  I will post on this forum as soon as they are available.  But it wont be longer.  Stay tuned!!!

Anthony

www.gigwrx.com

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

We are getting very close to our Launch.  We're still just waiting on the custom die.  The website is being loaded up with line 6 products.  Take a look...you cant order yet but you can start browsing label options as we begin to load products in. 

www.gigwrx.com

Go to SHOP--Products

We will also be adding label in the future for The original HD500, the MSeries and some of the FBV boards. 

UPDATE: 

Our custom Die machine is in!!!!  We're just running a few test cuts to tweak the layout and then will be stocking the site.  Hopefully by the end of this weekend they should be available for purchase on our site.  Please spread the word on the forum.  Remember these labels will fit the FX-100 Amplifi pedal as well. 

Regards,

Anthony

GIGWRX