Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PODxt Pro - FX-Junkie effects all sound like Factory ones

Hi, everyone

Been a loving owner of an XT Pro for years now. This issue has been around for a while, but I can't take it any longer!

POD seems fine in general, but selecting FX-Junkie model pack Stomps and Mods (Synth FX etc.) yields the same resultant sound as a particular factory setting - the Stomp sound is different from the Mod sound. I can't tell which stomp they all sound like (probably the first option in the list - possibly Bronze Master for stomps).

I've reflashed several times, once in Safe Mode; reset patches. Everything is up to date.

I'm using Win 7 x64. Has anyone so much as heard of this sort of issue? It's too late in the day for Line 6 servicing, so I'm hoping there's a  way to completely wipe the unit more so than what I've done so far and start again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best wishes,

Pres

Hey there - do mean to say that the model pack options sound exactly like the factory standard models? or that your patches aren't being saved with the model pack options? The stomp sound should be different than the mod one - drive vs modulation. Gearbox will show you what models are currently being used and you can flip around seeing what the differences are. Some are pretty subtle and do seem the same IMO.

It could be I don't quite understand exactly what you intended to write.

Sorry, I'm not convinced I worded it in the best fashion.

If you were to cycle through all the stomp effects prefixed with FX (FX-Junkie), you would hear the same sound (which I can now confirm is the sound of the last active factory stomp effect active before you switched to an FX-*** one). The same thing happens for mod and delay sections too. Guitar amps seem fine.

Another thing is that the controls show correctly for the patch displayed (i.e Wave # for FX-synth effects), but the controls actually work as for the factory patch that is making sound.

There is certainly a problem as some of the wilder FX sound exactly same.

Thanks for having a look,

P

Oh OK - I got you know. The FX Junkie Pack appears to not be functioning correctly - changing effects only only changes the name and not the actual sound - which is stuck in whatever the last standard model used was. Have you tried using the PodXT's front control panel to change the settings (in lieu of Gearbox/PodFarm)?

If you have the FX  %mix settings right, reflashed, reinstalled the FX-Junkie pack (check boot screen) and connected the ins/outs right I can't think of a reason why you are having this issue. You might want to consider a support ticket if someone else can't point you in a better direction.

I wish I could have been more help.

-B

Nice try, BillBee.

You got me on a new trek then. Tried deauthorising, when I saw it would remove the fx packs. Unfortunately, same problem after re-authorising. Think I'm about ready to call it quits. Servicing is going to be a money I haven't got. Although might try cycling through different firmware versions. Couldn't see any links to old firmware though, is there an archive still?

Thanks again for your time, o noble forumsman!

P

Had to try!!

I've stumped myself more times than I'd like to admit.

I can't recall seeing this issue with the hardware.

Did the FX Junkie come with the Pro or was it purchased?

Does the model pack show up in the License Manager?

Does it make a difference if you navigate/edit via the Pro's hardware or Gearbox?

Hmmm, I've noticed it sometimes starts up and shows installed model packs and sometimes boots with Standard Model Set loaded. Is that unstable memory/hardware, perhaps???

When the model packs show, I have trouble getting any audio out, (only tried SPDIF so far)

To answer your questions, FX Junkie - bought, Yes - non-italic, No difference between gearbox and knob-twiddlin'

Will investigate more later

IIRC there is a way to initialize the Self Test on an XT Bean using something called a midi loopback cable,  but I don't know about it for the XTPro. I would hate to see you lunch the unit working as it does.  

There might be someone here who knows about it and could walk you through it. It should test the SDRAM/SRAM (+everything else).

I am wondering if "all else is good" (connections, settings, etc...) that the memory isn't taking the "FX-Junkie write" for some reason.

I did fire up the XT Bean with the FXJ and some of those FX are so out-there you would know if they were on.

-B