Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No Sound Out Of Vetta Ii Hd

bweyedoc

Wondering if anyone can help me out here. Could not find a solution in the knowledge base. Been using my Vetta II HD head with 4x12 slant cab with no problems. Recently, transferred a couple of tones from the amp to my PC Windows 8 using Midisport Uno. Tried to play some songs today, but no sound is coming out of the speakers. No changes were made to my setup. The amp was not moved around. The cable and guitar are good, played them on another amp days before. When I plug in the cable, there's that "plug in cable" sound but it seems reduced or suppressed. Changing from one amp channel to another makes a sound like when you accidentally bump an amp that's turned on, that echo sound. Touching the end of the instrument cable with my finger while it's plugged into the amp doesn't provide any sound, like there's no signal. I'm running version 2.50 and I just reinstalled 2.50 again to see if that would help, but it didn't. I don't know if I should open it up and look for loose connections, but I don't think there would be because everything's been sitting still.

Any thoughts or help? Please! Thanks!

try headphones and another cable. i know you said it was good a couple of days before. but you know murphy. is there some significance that you mention Midisport Uno when transferring tones? that's all i got other than needs repair. hope you can work it out without putting it in the shop

Unless you have the latest version of the Uno, it isn't Windows 8 compatible. That's according to the Uno folks anyway.

If you get the latest version of the cable, you don't need a driver for Win 8 because it's class comliant but there are no Win8 drivers for older versions of the cable. How that all works with the Vetta and Line6 stuff is anybody's guess but I know Line6 stuff is kinda touchy in this respect.  

"Hi Johann,

Thank you for contacting M-Audio. I'll be glad to assist you.
The latest version of the Uno works class compliant. (no driver needed).

Here is a link to help determine which Uno you have:
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.faq&ID=dafbe23c0f3791fd6e457ee947e4daba "

"Hi Johann,
Thanks for the update. Unfortunately the older versions of the Uno aren't compatible with Windows 8. These older versions require a driver, and a driver isn't available for Windows 8."

Wondering if anyone can help me out here. Could not find a solution in the knowledge base. Been using my Vetta II HD head with 4x12 slant cab with no problems. Recently, transferred a couple of tones from the amp to my PC Windows 8 using Midisport Uno. Tried to play some songs today, but no sound is coming out of the speakers. No changes were made to my setup. The amp was not moved around. The cable and guitar are good, played them on another amp days before. When I plug in the cable, there's that "plug in cable" sound but it seems reduced or suppressed. Changing from one amp channel to another makes a sound like when you accidentally bump an amp that's turned on, that echo sound. Touching the end of the instrument cable with my finger while it's plugged into the amp doesn't provide any sound, like there's no signal. I'm running version 2.50 and I just reinstalled 2.50 again to see if that would help, but it didn't. I don't know if I should open it up and look for loose connections, but I don't think there would be because everything's been sitting still.

Any thoughts or help? Please! Thanks!

I actually found a Windows 8 driver at the m-audio website for my midisport uno. It came out May 13th 2013 according to their website. The patch files transfered no problem, I was able to make edits no problem, and I played the guitar no problems. I only mentioned the midisport uno just to be as detailed as possible. I turned it off and then went to play it again a few days later, and that's when I had the problem of no sound coming out the speakers. I tried headphones and that didn't make a difference.

Did you get full volume in the headphones? Plugging in headphones does mute the speakers. Wait a minute, head amps don't have a headphone jack only combos have the headphone jack ?????

I assume you've rechecked all the settings to ensure nothing else is amiss. Has it ever worked since you did the patch load or is that when things went to hell in a handbasket?

You don't for example have a floor board and the volume pedal is dialed back or something silly like that?

Yeah I know but it's the simple stuff like that that sometimes goes over looked and I've pulled that kinda stunt myself. Everyone does once in a while. If you have a head amp, have you tried another cab? Speaker cables OK all that stuff?

I actually found a Windows 8 driver at the m-audio website for my midisport uno. It came out May 13th 2013 according to their website. The patch files transfered no problem, I was able to make edits no problem, and I played the guitar no problems. I only mentioned the midisport uno just to be as detailed as possible. I turned it off and then went to play it again a few days later, and that's when I had the problem of no sound coming out the speakers. I tried headphones and that didn't make a difference.

Nine times outta ten it's something simple like that. Glad you got it sorted out of peanuts. Alls well that ends well.

Guess what? It's the stupid instrument cable! I didn't think it woud be since it was completely working fine the last time i used it...but, at least it's the cheapest fix! Thanks everyone!