Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500x looper play back sounds nothing like what i played

kyledm

When i record something on the podhd500x with the looper, when it is played back it sounds completely different. The playback is quieter and muddy, with much less clarity. I need to have exactly what i played into it looped back, otherwise the pod is useless live. Is there a way to fix this? Or is my pod faulty?

Thanks

Kyle

• 7 months later...

Hello Kyledm:  To explain a little further for  you.   Use the post setting if you want the loops to sound  the same as when you played them.

Also, do not switch back to pre and overdub as this will make the sound much louder. (potentially)

Hope this helps a bit.

The looper playback is mono; that can also cause a change in your tone.

As the others suggested, check to see if you are in PRE or POST mode- is the looper icon at the start of the signal chain?: or at the end?

Also, the looper playback has it's own volume control, check to see that it's set to 100%, or all the way up.

Could it be that the volume of your amplification is low enough that you're hearing the bright sound of the physical strings acoustically, combined with the POD's tone through speaker/headphones? If so, then the looper would be the (less bright) amplified sound by itself.

This possibility is not as likely as the others that folks have posted above (such as Pre/Post setting), though.