Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Removing T-75 Speaker Buzz

357mag

Is there a way to reduce the buzziness of the Celestion T-75 speaker? I've always liked the sound of it but it has a buzzy and fizzy sound to it. Is there a certain frequency that can be adjusted to alleviate this?

If you are talking about the classic greenback GT12 - the best way is to change to another speaker like a V30. The 75's early breakup is what they are known for. You could try dialing in less lows and highs and boost the mids but its not going to help that much. IMO a great speaker.

-B

• Upvote 1

My bad then, delete the greenback part. I have a pair of the GT12s in a Marshal 2x12 and love them - high gain goodness but that is what they do well.

Here is a great resource: http://celestion.com/product/15/g12t75/

Use that and balance your EQ settings - roll back the pre's gain let the master vol do its work - your cab (open - closed, etc) will effect it too. Depending on how ham fisted our bass player is I will adjust mids and highs - bass is nominal as he will carry most of that range. But I do enjoy the early breakup/fizz.

Though if you are having unusual fuzziness (not due to your preamp,etc.) check the hardware and cones - tears happen.

BTW I wasn't being flippant regarding the V30s - sometimes a switch of speakers is the magic bullet we are looking for. Keep your eyes open and if you see a good deal consider trying them out.

-B

• Upvote 1

Ugh..... :blink:

Dude you might want to try posting this in the X3 section and be more descriptive as to how your patch is set up (include the part about no amp and what you are listening to it through).

-B

• Upvote 1

I mean is there a way to reduce the buzziness of the T-75 speaker in the POD X3. I'm not playing through an amp. I practice with my POD X3 Pro.

Was just playing around with the T 75 Cab sim and it seems it's buzziness depends greatly on the Amp Model you use. Noise Gate was not on and I tried the Bomber with the drive at 0, turned the tone stack and presence down some too, added a mild red comp and it was still buzzy like. Switched to the Tweed Bassman leaving everything else the same and it was way less buzzy. I ran the Cab sim with the 57 on axis right up to the speaker.

Tweed Bassman Patch

Bomber Patch