Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 X3 Live Mic Trim Pot

adrian_52

Hello, I'm sorry about posting in this section about XT, but there's no section about the X3 Live.

I have a X3 Live with a effed Trim Pot, doesn't matter if I rise or lower it, I get reaaaally low level, even boosting the comp to max, I just can't get enough level.

I've read some threads about it, but none of them explains the actual problem, if it's the pot I can solder a new or a different one to it.

Anyone got an idea of how I can fix this? I'm very interested on fixing it as I sing live with this device, and I'm very interested in the vocoder.

Thank you very much for your help!

• Like 1

moved topic to x3 section.

the trim pot is real sensitive... in my experience the first 90% of the adjustment is not useful..

and adjusting within that last 10% is sometimes difficult....

your mic may factor in as well....

the x3 and x3 live do not have phantom power.

moved topic to x3 section.

the trim pot is real sensitive... in my experience the first 90% of the adjustment is not useful..

and adjusting within that last 10% is sometimes difficult....

your mic may factor in as well....

the x3 and x3 live do not have phantom power.

Hello, I tried different dynamic mics, Shure SM58, Sennheiser... but no way, no matter I turn it up or down, the only way to make it sound is raising the compressor gain to insane levels... And still that way it has really low volume... I also tried a different cable...

Any technical advices I can do to fix it?

Thanks.

dont know enough internally to advise you about a technical fix...

but you might try picking up something like this as a workaround:

http://www.amazon.com/ART-Tube-Studio-Mic-Preamp/dp/B0002E50MC

it will also do phantom power so maybe that will benefit as well?

if you'd rather just get what you have working, try an authorized service center, i suspect it will be more than simply getting a used replacement... or at least close enough to the cost of a used one to not be worth it in my mind.

Hello, I tried different dynamic mics, Shure SM58, Sennheiser... but no way, no matter I turn it up or down, the only way to make it sound is raising the compressor gain to insane levels... And still that way it has really low volume... I also tried a different cable...

Any technical advices I can do to fix it?

Thanks.

Have you tried a preamp model of somesort? With my X3 Pro I use the American Classic preamp with dynamic ans condenser mics.

• 4 years later...

Any solution of this problem with low gain of XLR/microphone input of Line6 X3 Live?
It was the reason that I sold it before years. I found that this is hardware problem solved only with buying external preamp.
But there was an idea to change pot with different resistance. Did someone try it?

(This is still one of best multieffects for singer/guitarist, the only alternative to TC Helicon VoiceLive 3.

Brazzy: X3 Pro is incomparabe. It has quite different circuit of XLR/mic preamp, it has also phantom power.