Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connecting FX100 to AMPLIFI 150?

matau6639

I have an AMPLIFI150 and happy with its tones and jamming function but fustrated when I want to shift tones in one song.

I am having few questions here,

1. Would it be possible to use FX100 as pedal control of AMPLIFI 150?

2. What is the appropriate setup when i want to connect FX100 to AMPLIFI150?

3. Should I set and save my favourite tones on FX100 and connect to a blank channel in AMPLIFI150? 

Many Thanks! 

:)

• 1 month later...

Use the fvb express MKII pedal.  It's neat. It  has  a built in tuner,  four channel select buttons, tap tempo for delay and modulation effects, and a volume and wah wah pedal.  From what I can figure, the Fx100 is the amplifi without speakers.  The Amplifi fx100 does give access to many more amp sounds at once.  But let's be real, how many are you gonna use at one time.  The fvb does the job for me at about 1/3 the cost of the fx100.   You could set up four amps on A B C D channel,  One

with clean sound, one distorted, one crunchy, and one with delay or chorus.    Use your imagination.   Then you have a poor man's pedal board.  I love it.

I am really happy with the amplifi150. It was bought to be mainly played at home. I am however missing the use of a foot pedal to control its functions. I am hesitating buying the fbv shortboard or express because it feels like adding older technology to new. The fbv functionality is a best fit rather than custom built for the amplifi. I want something a bit more future proof and thought the amplifi fx100 would be ideal. My idea was to take the fx100 gigging with an amp other than the amplifi, but I would want to use the fx100 at home with the amplifi150 as the speaker cabinet.

If the fx100 is connected to the amplifi via the usual guitar jacks and the ipad app is set to recognise the fx100 pedal rather than the amplifi 150. Will this work.

Effectively I want to use the amplifi 150 at home as a glorified speaker with the fx100 connected via Bluetooth to the app.

I am really happy with the amplifi150. It was bought to be mainly played at home. I am however missing the use of a foot pedal to control its functions. I am hesitating buying the fbv shortboard or express because it feels like adding older technology to new. The fbv functionality is a best fit rather than custom built for the amplifi. I want something a bit more future proof and thought the amplifi fx100 would be ideal. My idea was to take the fx100 gigging with an amp other than the amplifi, but I would want to use the fx100 at home with the amplifi150 as the speaker cabinet.

If the fx100 is connected to the amplifi via the usual guitar jacks and the ipad app is set to recognise the fx100 pedal rather than the amplifi 150. Will this work.

Effectively I want to use the amplifi 150 at home as a glorified speaker with the fx100 connected via Bluetooth to the app.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree 100%, you make good points. They need to make it so you can just plug the FX100 into the regular input and the Amplifi 150 will go into a PA speaker mode (or have this as an option anyway, please let me know if that's available and I'm not aware).  If you're going to spend $200 on an MkII, why not spend the extra $100 and get the FX100?  And if you're going to spend the $300 on the FX100 why not consider $200 more for an HD500X?  I think they need to do something because buying a $200 footboard that only lets me cycle through 4 presets when FX100 owners can cycle between 99 doesn't make sense.  Line-6 should offer an FX100 to existing Amplifi 150 owners at a significant discount to rectify this, or develop an accessory footboard specifically designed for the 150.  

The Shortboard mkII allows you to access all of the presets on the amplifi, like the FX100, the Express allows only 4 presets

That would be good if it does but I don't see how that's possible because the shortboard switches between the 4 presets on the amp, the 100 Line-6 presets are stored in the remote app.  You can change the 4 presets on the 150 to whatever you want but it's always going to be limited to 4.  I know you can use it to turn certain effects on/off which helps and it has the expression pedal which is good.  Please let me know how to do what you're describing because if you can then I'll most likely buy it, thanks. 

The Amplifi now has 100 presets built in like the FX100, the Shortboard has the four  presets and then 2 additional buttons to change the Bank (25 bank locations) and these 2 buttons are the bank up and down switches, along with all the effects on and off etc. This is 100% correct, as I have the 150 and Shortboard.

Buy a Shortboard and it will definitely do everything you want, I think you may have been reading the earlier posts before the upgrade. Then you could only use the 4 presets. Hope this helps.

The 100 presets are stored in the amp, when you edit a patch it gives you an option (in my case) to save to Amplifi150. I can access all presets with the shortboard and the app turned off.

Oh wow, that's excellent news, I'm happy to stand corrected.  Thanks so much for the quick reply, that definitely makes the Shortboard a worthy purchase! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Is the aux in on the 150 mono (TS) or stereo (TRS)?

This looks like the "best" or easiest way (no changes to any hardware, software) to run my FX100 (as a modeler) into my 150 (as an amp)! 

• 2 weeks later...

OK, maybe it was this simple and obvious...

FX100 amp out (mono) to 150 instrument in.  Will this overload the 150 input, causing input clipping?  What is the level of the FX100 amp out signal?  Real specs, with numbers, are helpful ;)