Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Replacement Bodies

Last night at practice I took my Variax off and hung it on the wall, on a guitar hanger.  When I stepped away, I didn't realize that the cable had wrapped itself around my leg.  As a result I pulled the guitar off the hanger and it came crashing down, on the stap nut.
When I picked up the guitar, I couldn't believe the damage.

Is this fixable?  Does Line 6 sell replacement bodies.  Anybody have an idea.  Fellow Variax owners, I need help......

post-105985-0-20036800-1406046606_thumb.jpg

Wow, I'd be the maddest person in existence. Does everything still work ok?

Interestly, After a long cry, I picked it up and played it........The tuning was off a couple of cents on two strings.  I checked to see if it responded to patch changes from my HD500, every thing checked out.  I finished practice with the band, with a heavy heart.

You may be able to have someone repair it if it's just body damage. 

I called up a well know luthier in the area, talked to him about it and then sent him the pics.  He seems to think that we can fill the cracks with glue and "stabilize" the body so that the damage won't increase. 

Asthetically, we can fix anything if you throw enough money at it.

Interestly, After a long cry, I picked it up and played it........The tuning was off a couple of cents on two strings.  I checked to see if it responded to patch changes from my HD500, every thing checked out.  I finished practice with the band, with a heavy heart.

My variax fell out of my guitar stand once and there's been a few weird quirks in it ever since. G string warbles in alt tunings. A and G strings quack when playing hard in alt tunings until I turned down the string volumes.

It's still very usable. What I'm saying is that I'm glad yours is still fine in functioning.

As long as it's still solid between the neck connection and the bridge, you can fix the rest of the damage fairly easily with glue and clamps.  Fill the remaining cracks, sand and repaint.  if you don't care that much about looks, just glue and clamp the cracks and play the hell out of it.

Last night at practice I took my Variax off and hung it on the wall, on a guitar hanger.  When I stepped away, I didn't realize that the cable had wrapped itself around my leg.  As a result I pulled the guitar off the hanger and it came crashing down, on the stap nut.

When I picked up the guitar, I couldn't believe the damage.

Is this fixable?  Does Line 6 sell replacement bodies.  Anybody have an idea.  Fellow Variax owners, I need help......

I have 2 69s that have no variax "guts" and one us Lake Placid Blue. Rarely played so damn near brand new. was planning on putting pickups and neck back on it and selling for 400 bucks. I may be able to sell the parts separate. Make offer on the body.

I will yry and hook you up.

I have 2 69s that have no variax "guts" and one us Lake Placid Blue. Rarely played so damn near brand new. was planning on putting pickups and neck back on it and selling for 400 bucks. I may be able to sell the parts separate. Make offer on the body.

I will yry and hook you up.

Toasterdude I sent you a PM.  Lets do business.

jc