Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider Jam Other Inputs Not Recording

Rush-O-Matic

My loops only record guitar input now.  Mic in the XLR and keyboard in the Aux are no longer being recorded using the loop function.  They used to work. Guitar records fine.

I can hear the keyboard and mic inputs live through the amp, so I don't think it's a level or volume issue.  Any suggestions about what I should try? I don't use the feature that often, but I did not change equipment when the issue started. Since then, I have tried new cords, new mic, etc. to see if maybe the problem was there. No luck.

My loops only record guitar input now.  Mic in the XLR and keyboard in the Aux are no longer being recorded using the loop function.  They used to work. Guitar records fine.

I can hear the keyboard and mic inputs live through the amp, so I don't think it's a level or volume issue.  Any suggestions about what I should try? I don't use the feature that often, but I did not change equipment when the issue started. Since then, I have tried new cords, new mic, etc. to see if maybe the problem was there. No luck.

Recently I had issues with the drums and songs, stopped working all together. After I re-flashed the firmware all was back to normal. I don't save patches or anything else so I didn't need to save anything first. If I save a riff or a song I created I always save to the card and transfer it to my 'puter. Usually I just run the headphone output into the line in on my X3 Pro and record to my hard drive.

The thread Drums stopped working so I refashed the firmware.

I have tried everything I can think of, including a Factory reset, losing all my User Bank settings in the process.  Still no worky.

I can't find anything where this seems to be a problem for anyone else.  So, either nobody much uses the loop function on their Spider Jam, or something is broken on mine.  Because, there are plenty of Spider Jams out there, and if it's simply a setting that I unwittingly changed, then surely someone else has done that.  And, there would be common solution "out there" in internet land.

Frustrated.

If no-one pops up with a setting change for you - you still should consider what Brazzy did - reflash the unit. It will reset everything including stuff a factory reset doesn't.

If all else fails submit a support ticket to the L6 guys.

Thanks BillBee, I wiil try that. I did submit a support ticket and their suggestions so far have been rather elementary - which is fine, as trying the simple things first are always best.  But, the first suggestion made it sound like they didn't really read my description of the problem and what I had tried so far.  The next suggestion was to do the factory reset, which I did. Response on the support ticket has just been slower than I hoped, and I'm very frustrated.

I have tried everything I can think of, including a Factory reset, losing all my User Bank settings in the process.  Still no worky.

I can't find anything where this seems to be a problem for anyone else.  So, either nobody much uses the loop function on their Spider Jam, or something is broken on mine.  Because, there are plenty of Spider Jams out there, and if it's simply a setting that I unwittingly changed, then surely someone else has done that.  And, there would be common solution "out there" in internet land.

Frustrated.

Have you tried the "Record Select Button" to select your recording device Mic/Aux or Guitar? The button to the far left on top of the cabinaet You need to press and hold for 2 seconds to be able to make the selection.

Yes, I tried that. Mixed with Guitar, mixed with Mic. I tried every hold down, turn off, redo, replug combination I could come up with.

I've tried the reflash firmware, but I am having trouble getting the amp to read the card. I've tried reformatting and updating about 5 times. I think I'm going to have to try another SD card, because I can't make this one work.

Frustration continues. Line 6 Support remains silent.

Thanks to everyone who responded. At long last, the problem is fixed. The Re-flash did the trick, so thanks Brazzy.

And, just in case anybody else is reading this later than say 2009, SDHC cards apparently don't work.  There have been something about that in one of the format instructions about FAT 16 and all that, but I missed it. It has to be the older SD format.  Compounding my problem, is that the laptop I use in my instrument area is an older model (only because it works the best with Audacity and my Berhinger Xenyx USB board!), and the SD reader will not read SDHC.  So, I got all sorts of gibberish on the first couple SD cards I was trying to use.  I even bought a new SD card. It was then I thought to try the older format, and I found an old 1GB SD card in an abandoned digital camera I had in a drawer. Phew.

Again, thanks for your help and suggestions, all.

• Upvote 1