Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Reinstalling/updating software after hard drive replacement

Talenless

My computer's hard drive died. i got it replaced, and now i've downloaded Monkey, and POD HD Edit. when i go to update drivers and firmware in monkey it asks to register my POD HD. i've already registered this unit when i purchased it in july of 2011. but the pop-up window asks me to register it anyway, so i click the blue highlighted button. it takes me to a web page where i try to register my already registered POD HD. i click the confirmation button and it says ***ERROR... THIS PRODUCT IS ALREADY REGISTERED***

ummm, D'UH... i did that 3 freak'n years ago

so how do i get monkey to recognize that this unit is already registered

jeez, sometimes i wish i just had a neck to grab and squeese, with a face attached to it, to slap with a honey badger tied to a skunk

• 4 weeks later...

uuuhhhhh... me stoopud, whuz Licence Manager?

just did a search on my computer. i don't have LM

i went to try to open a support ticket. i entered my problem in the field. clicked the "search" button. and got:

Sorry!

We couldn't find any results matching your query. Please rephrase your search and try again.

also, its telling me: "To help us better assist you, please register your product and complete your support profile."

but i'm already registered. so i guess i can't even open a support ticket

i must be stupid or something.

got the licence manager. opened it up. authorized my computer. and monkey is still telling me to register my POD HD.

so i go to register... AGAIN... and it tells me the obvious: i've already registered this product

no reason to mess with the license manager or worry about registration at all with the pod hd products... as there are no secured licenses etc.

the only exception would be that the product needs registered to get support... but not within monkey... within the site... which sounds like that part is fine.

honestly it's probably not worth pursuing if the simple things suggested don't correct it... since using monkey would be a rare occurrence and that's the only place you'd likely see that message.

did you put your login data into monkey? top left username password. maybe then it will find its registration.

you could also try to log on to customtone before starting monkey so youre already logged in.

everytime i update monkey the login is forgotten (by it and me).

did you put your login data into monkey? top left username password. maybe then it will find its registration.

you could also try to log on to customtone before starting monkey so youre already logged in.

everytime i update monkey the login is forgotten (by it and me).

i try logging in with monkey. that's when i get the warning window that says i haven't registered the POD HD.

i just logged in to customtone, and re-launched monkey. got the same warning window that i haven't registered.

then i went to "my account" and lo and behold... I'M REGISTERED. registered on 9/1/11, and my new hard drive is even authorized.

i suppose it really doesn't matter at this point, cuz Line 6 has basically abandoned the POD HD  anyway.

it would be nice to be able to open a support ticket if i ever need it though