Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Setup my 2 new L3t speakers

I hooked up my speakers for the first time wednesday.....hmmm what to say about them?...... Holy Cow!!!  Im using them with my Behringer x32 Rack in a small room 15x12 where we practice. I ended not having to EQ the room like i did with the other speakers i had. I was able to flatten out the eq for the mics too. I was able to get much louder before feedback than before, this is awesome !

I did end up EQing a little because i wanted to see what levels i could get in there. My james tylor guitar and Hd500 sounded really nice too. I originally purchased 1 of the L3t for my guitar but since i wanted a new sound system i just added another and go Direct to the X32 with myHD500. works great sounds great! wish I had enough money for the L3s. Im just using a peavey 300watt 18"sub for now.

anyways hope I don't endup with any of the rattling some are getting , so far so good..

Randall

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

Any update on the L3t's!? How have they held up over the last few months in your rig?

I am looking at possibly adding a pair for my bands live sound rig.. Debating between the L3t and L3m. We're using two L2t's now for floor monitors. Have you been using the L3t mixer portion with your rig?

Any update on the L3t's!? How have they held up over the last few months in your rig?

I am looking at possibly adding a pair for my bands live sound rig.. Debating between the L3t and L3m. We're using two L2t's now for floor monitors. Have you been using the L3t mixer portion with your rig?

I've been using L3's since they first came out few years ago and no problems at all. I started with 2L3m's and now I have 2 L3t's and 4 L3m's and 2 L2T's and 3 L3S.

• Upvote 1

I've been using L3's since they first came out few years ago and no problems at all. I started with 2L3m's and now I have 2 L3t's and 4 L3m's and 2 L2T's and 3 L3S.

Hahaha! Nice!!!! That is an awesome lineup of speakers!!! :) Are you using the M20d to link all of that? I like the idea of pole mounting the L3 mains to the L3 subs; but I am still gun shy with the size and weight of the L3s. Does it link / function properly to use just one L3s ?

Hahaha! Nice!!!! That is an awesome lineup of speakers!!! :) Are you using the M20d to link all of that? I like the idea of pole mounting the L3 mains to the L3 subs; but I am still gun shy with the size and weight of the L3s. Does it link / function properly to use just one L3s ?

yes M20d - It's small enough to fit anywhere so no reason to leave it at home. It has great features including auto-trim which works great when setting kick levels

The L3sub links great and has 3 settings for x-over.

It tilts back and rolls very easy and handle is strong-  i can tilt it back and swing it up and load it in van without any help - easier than any other sub. 

You can get good bass with one - I added 2 more for outdoor concerts -I used iPad to mix.

The pole mount is pretty good height when on the L3S- I'm able to get it on there without any help- you lift it on shoulder and then tilt it in with one hand in the hole and other on speaker handle. 

And for getting up higher than the sub I use some separate hydraulic stands

the whole system links easily and the cables can also be purchased through different manufacturer at better price.

I sold my QSC12 speakers after using line 6 speakers and never looked back. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Those stands do work great but I need to roll them in - they tore the handles off my stand bag I when I tried to carry them using shoulder strap

wow! it says they are 12lbs each, 24lbs for the pair would be hefty, considering the typical weight of a speaker stand is much less I'd guess

We used to use the Ultimate TS80B stands for our 34-pound JBL passive speakers. Several months ago I switched them for a pair of On-Stage crank-up stands.

With all of us in our 60s, it's far safer to lift the speakers waist-high, then crank them up. Lifting them over our heads was an invitation to injury, which is a far more expensive proposition than replacing the speaker stands. This would be even more important for the heavier, powered models.

With all of us in our 60s, it's far safer to lift the speakers waist-high, then crank them up. Lifting them over our heads was an invitation to injury, which is a far more expensive proposition than replacing the speaker stands. This would be even more important for the heavier, powered models.

yeah, I hear ya! I just turned 42, and lifting things too heavy for me sets off back problems and multiple chiropractor visits. I need to get in better shape so I can survive gigs!

that was my thought process, the L3m are relatively heavy, definitely don't need to be hoisting those overhead and risk back,

neck, shoulder injuries.

will scope out the crank up stands!

As with everything in life, there are "safe" techniques you can deploy that make lifting even an L3 to 5' off the ground *relatively safe.

46, still lifting speakers ;-)

Indeed, I'd say it is lifting them into and out of their bags that does my back in, not the lifting them onto stands!!!

It's possible to easily lift onto a normal stand and then, with an assistant,. raise the stand height and peg in position.

If I'm not pole mounting over the subs I've got these:

http://produkte.k-m.de/en/Speakerlighting-and-monitor-stands-and-holders/Speaker-stands/21467-SPEAKER-STAND-RING-LOCK-black

• Upvote 1

It's possible to easily lift onto a normal stand and then, with an assistant,. raise the stand height and peg in position.

That's what I/we do.... but being in my early 60's I prefer to just handle the peg. :D

• 1 month later...

Well I finally came back for a question and see I had some questions to answer. Sorry, I'm sure you've figured them out but. It's been almost a year since I've had my stagesource speakers. I have 2 Lt3 with the mixers in them , figured it wasn't much more and if I wanted to do something small I could. I added 2 lt3s subs also. Using them with l6link with my Berhinger X32rack.

Still sounding awesome no problems at all no buzzing or rattling noises like others may have. I yet have had the chance to play out where I needed both subs. I hope to hear it together other than during practice.

I'd like to know if anyone lets has the same set up with an X32 mixer.

Hi randychesbro,

>Using them with l6link with my Berhinger X32rack.

I also own a X32rack.

Could you please tell me how you connect the Line6 spekers with the X32?

Thanks,

Tom

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi randychesbro, >Using them with l6link with my Berhinger X32rack. I also own a X32rack. Could you please tell me how you connect the Line6 spekers with the X32? Thanks, Tom

Im sure you  figured it out by now. Tom got it right. Im going LR to my first sub then L6 to all the others. I know some guys like to have a separate mix for the subs but i haven't had issues enough to use it that way. I did when I first got the system.