Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi and HD500x

Leftzilla

Thought I would post this here in the Amplifi section.  I am looking for a backup stage monitor for clubs that have lets say less than good coverage with their monitors. (Meaning they have none) typically I will run my hd500x directly to the board and than fold back through whatever monitor system.  In this case I may not have that choice.  I know that running a hd500x into the Amplifi is not the optimal solution and I would not be using any of the guitar emulations but I was wondering if anyone thought output of the 75 watt version would be loud enough onstage for monitoring guitar signal?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

The optimal would be an L2m but it seems to b a little overkill for what I want to do.

It really does depend on how loud the band is. For me, 75 watts would be plenty - perhaps on a kick back stand too.

Anything into the aux input on the amplifi is optimal - its there to be used and abused if that's what you need ;-)

• Upvote 1

Managed to ge down to Guitar Center and test both the Ampifi and the ILoud systems.  Very impressed with the sound of both with the Amplifi having plenty of power and would work well as an onstage monitor or Blu tooth sound source.  ILoud was pretty impressive but not quote as loud (75 watts vs 40 w) but extremely portable and battery powered.  This would end up being mounted on the mike stand vs standard monitor or backline position for the amplifi

Decisions, Decisions.

Thanks for all of the input