Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

spider iv 75 plays mp3 but no sound from guitar

JONOT

I went to use my spider iv 75 watt but no sound from guitar.  Put on song on in the mp3 jack and that worked fine.  I tried multiple cables and guitars, still nothing.  I tried the master reset but that didn't help.  Anyone have this problem before and maybe know what is wrong?

Does the tuner work? It will let you know if it is receiving a signal.

Remember that amp should have a channel and master knob so make sure both are "on".

If nothing -> Try a factory reset

How do I perform a factory Reset on the Spider IV series amplifiers?
A:
Hold the “A†button as you power the unit on, then press the presets encoder once.

Hope that works, if not strongly consider submitting a Support Ticket.

-B

• 3 years later...

So has there been any update to this thread?  I have run into same problem with amp just got.  replaced guitar input jack and hear nothing, no static, hum, buzz....plug mp3 player in the jack on the back and hear it fine through speakers. quick visual and nothing stands out but plan to bust out magifyer to look more closely at solder joints. just curious if anyone had the fix out there. just to clarify, all lights coming on, using known good cord/guitar as well. just nothing from amp when using guitar jack. Tried reset, nothing.  Tuner does not recognize the guitar either if that helps.  I am not using a board at the moment.  Looking to buy one but wait and see if get working. thoughts?

Four reasons for that to occur, and would have to be serviced by an

authorized service center who knows the product. Log a ticket with Line 6

customer support.

Thanks.  Got this used so no warranty, was just hoping the forum members might offer up some possible causes/ solutions. 

Guess have to keep hunting.