Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod x3 pro with boss rc3 loop station through fx loop PROBLEM!

doopnap

Hey, new member and first time poster! just wondering if someone could help me out. i tried searching through the forums and around google but i cant find anything that really applys to me and what im expierencing so i thought id start something new. I recently bought a boss rc3 loop station since i wanted to add a few layers with different effects on each layer to my playing. i understand i need to run the rc3 into my FX loop of my pod x3 pro in order to do this. heres the problem. The loops i record sound quiet  (so quiet its hard to hear, even if the volume on the pedal is all the way up) and if i try playing with the settings in the loop block so i can actually hear it, the sound gets very distorted and even effects the way my original guitar tone sounds. do i have something plugged in wrong?. would there be other setting within the pod id have to mess with?  im running my Pod X3 Pro with a carvin dcml1000 power amp into my guitar cab. I ran the rc3 infront of my pod just to make sure the pedal was working fine and sure enough it does. the volume i loop at is the same upon playback everything sounds good, but now obviously the problem is everytime i change effects the loop also changes. this is why i need to get it through the fx loop! any help would much be appreiciated!!

Hey there and welcome to the board my man.

I use a Digitech Jamman and I had to play with the input level (for recording the loop - without clipping) and the output to get a level that was loud enough (in balance to the MFX output. I always ran it at the tail of the chain so its signal wouldn't be coloring (inputed/inserted) to any upstream fx creating unwanted havoc.

I know its not specifically for your setup but give it a run at the end of chain.

-B

• Upvote 1

Sorry my man I don't have an X3 Pro - but it should work in the loop - you might have to dig into the manual and look for the settings of the FX loop. Should be an easy search, as the 4 Cable method uses the FX loop.