Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD 500 Hum I can't get rid of

airguitargb

Hi all

I have battled with my HD 500 for a few years, I have posted on here previously, watched you tube videos trying to set up etc and still have issues with a Hum I can't get shot of whatever I try.

I have tried 4 cable method with a. Marshall DSL50, Tech 21 Trademark 10 watt amp and now use a Blackstar HD 60 stage.

Also gone direct into a Thomann T box pro active monitor.

I get a hum whatever setting I use even with NO amp on the HD500 and no effects ie guitar into HD500 and out into monitor.

I have played with the inputs, outputs, ground lift, pad, line,stomp settings and no change.

I have changed cables and it happens in all locations so I do not believe it to be an earthing isssue, also changed power supply.

Any ideas or do they all do it?

Thanks

I had ground loop noise when plugged into my Laptop when the laptop was also plugged into it's charger.  I switched to using the balanced XLR output to my powered speaker and it's dead quiet now.  I had the noise when plugged into the front of my combo amp but only when my laptop power supply was connected.