Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD pro activating Variax Acoustic models and re-route output

zuurg

I was just checking out the videos on Youtube and I thought I heard the guy mention that my POD HD Pro could activate the Acoustic model on my Variax and redirect the output to a PA. Great video, but an explanation would be nice.

If my POD HD is normally connected to a stereo Mesa amp, would it be possible to connect an acoustic amplifier also and have the output go to that amp instead of the Mesa when that particular patch is selected?

That's going to be trial and error with your acoustic amp.  Most likely for straight guitar input, use the stomp setting.  The line level is a stronger signal if you need it.  See what sounds best to you.

Thanks for all your help radatats!    I've almost got everything working properly.   (I used the Stomp setting on the FX send)

Here's my last problem:

I created a new patch which just has a volume pedal, red compressor, and FX Loop (set to 100% mix).  I also set the patch to switch my Variax to Acoustic-3.  Works amazingly. 

The problem is when I switch patches, the Variax model switches off (which is the behavior I want) and everything is great, but then when I switch BACK to the Acoustic patch, the Acoustic-3 model comes back on, but the FX Loop is no longer working, even though according to HD Pro Edit, it is still enabled.  Even switching the FX Loop off and back on in HD Pro Edit does not do anything, the sound just keeps coming out of the Mesa amp (my primary amp).

Yup, here you go:

line6.com/customtone/tone/520402/

line6.com/customtone/tone/520412/

I have the Fishman one on 1A and the pink Floyd one on 1B to swap between the two (I was attempting to set myself up to play Mother off The Wall)

If you have any tips on how to improve the tone on the Pink Floyd one also, I'd appreciate it.   I was attempting to do a "Another Brick in the Wall" kind of tone...

OK, so I tried your patches and I had to rework them for 500 vs PRO but they worked.  I would set the mixer to zero on the Fishman patch just to ensure nothing goes out to the Mesa.  I was able to switch patches and have the sound come from the right place each time.

I noticed in your Pink patch that the wah is on all the time so I deleted that and I like the Overdrive better than the Screamer.  I also prefer the distortion after the compressor, not before it.  Saving patches with volume pedal doesn't work for me because when you switch patches it never opens at the right place.

I would try building your patches again from scratch and see what happens.  There is no reason for it not to work...