Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500x output into m9 input - will it clip? and MIDI

scias23

I'm planning to buy a M9. I don't want to put it on my signal chain via FX loop but instead put the output of the pod into M9 input, then M9 output into DI box straight to PA.

Guitar > HD500X > M9 > DI

Now, can the M9 handle this properly? No clipping?

Another question is, if I won't put it in FX loop and then put a midi connection from the POD going to the M9, will the M9 sync scene whenever I change patches on the POD?

Thanks

the m9 will recall the preset that was selected when you save the tone on the pod....

but i'm with the other user... WHY?

if you need more DSP that's one thing... but its still better utilized in the fx loop of the pod.

the m9 will recall the preset that was selected when you save the tone on the pod....

but i'm with the other user... WHY?

if you need more DSP that's one thing... but its still better utilized in the fx loop of the pod.

I will be putting my delays and reverb in the M9. If I put the M9 on the loop, the delay and reverb trails will be cut off if I change patches right? If that's the case, then I prefer the M9 not to be in the loop. 

wrong... the delays and reverbs trails will remain as long as you enable the trails in the pod menu...

that's what its for... that setting basically keeps the "out" of the loop/pedal and cuts off the "in" so that nothing else feeds into the pedal and the remaining trails play...

the loop is also stereo...

the trails setting does not work with the built in effects... which is probably where you're getting confused.

I will be putting my delays and reverb on the M9. If I put the M9 on the loop, the delay and reverb trails will be cut off if I change patches right? If that's the case, then I prefer the M9 not to be in the loop. 

wrong... the delays and reverbs trails will remain as long as you enable the trails in the pod menu...

that's what its for... that setting basically keeps the "out" of the loop/pedal and cuts off the "in" so that nothing else feeds into the pedal and the remaining trails play...

the loop is also stereo...

the trails setting does not work with the built in effects... which is probably where you're getting confused.

Thank you for clarifying that. That is nice. However, I also have other plans for the FX loop. I will set up my board as:

Guitar > Crybaby wah > Digitech whammy > Pod HD [Fx loop in pre position: boss od-3 > boss bd-2] > Line6 M9

This is why I am so concerned if the M9 will clip. My patches are in -3dB level as indicated in the DAW.