Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X switches itself to preset A (FS5) and sound problem with pitch shifting

celil

My first problem with POD HD500X is that, it switches itself to preset A (FS5) and sometimes I can not go to other presets or open the tuner. This problem is temporary, sometimes it works fine. This happens especially when I press FS1 to activate an effect. 

I tried to install the latest firmware, and did the global reset on the unit by holding the LEFT ARROW (<) button as I plug-in the Power adapter. But the problem was not solved.  I suspect of a switch error.

Another problem I face is when pitch shifting, the sound is not sustained, but delayed. As if there is an echo on. I do not have any other effect on. Just amp/cab simulation is on with pitch shifter. 

Is there any solution to above problems?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Are you solved this problem?

No unfortunately I still have the same problem with a little change. This time it goes to preset B (FS6) instead  :) .

The problem with swithing does not show itself so often though. I also use a tube screamer as a backup in case it changes in the middle of a solo... So that I can boost the channel and be safe on stage. It's a shame such a nice unit has this kind of stupid problem.. 

Pitch shifter has the same delayed/echoed sound even without any effect on. It seems like the sound is not seamless, but a processing error is happening...   :(

How old is your HD500X?  There have been a lot of reported problems with the switches sticking or failing.  It sounds like it may well be that for the presets.  You can try using contact cleaner around the plunger and work it well in on all the switches.  If that doesn't help and you are out of warranty, try opening it up and checking the switch plungers and springs.  Its not extremely difficult but it does appear challenging the first time.  Google it for videos or guides on working with the switches. 

Don't know what to say on your pitch shifting issue.  Maybe more info about where you have it in the chain, what else is going on in your patch.  Post the patch to custom tone and give us the link to checkout.  Maybe its something simple...

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, i made this video teaching how to fix this footswitches pod HD500x problem.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoX6JPmj_lU

The switches broken the internal conector, so need to replace them, to avoid this happen again just remove a black pin under other footswitches, so will the spring will do less force to click the switches.

Im from Brazil and sorry my bad english.